View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Supposed to be (much of it is) from St. Louis November 1979.

Some of y’all might remember that, about twenty years ago Maureen Loftus snagged a bunch of concert audio soundboards and packaged them with annoying labels and sold them through her fan lists. St. Louis November 1979 was one of them. She included all the songs from the concert untouched (although some of the tracks have really annoying cuts that she herself made).

For the first time (unless we happened to attend the show at the Checkerdome), we heard the full performance of Sara, which I uploaded here:

You can hear what’s what. The opening stanza appears on both the 1980 live album and the video documentary. A shortened version of the rest of the vocal appears on the documentary, and a completely different vocal appears on the 1980 live album for reasons unknown.

It’s great to hear the full version of that Sara from the music video. Thank you for sharing. It sounds so much better than what is on the live album. I wonder why they redid the vocals. The instruments sound better too on this one.

Also, I really like the slightly faster tempo Sara from 1980 and especially 1982. Lindsey does a slightly different guitar riff in 1982 and I love it. I wish they were adding a live 1982 Sara to this deluxe reissue or they put it on Deluxe Mirage.