View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Omg Maureen...wow this brings back some memories. Her and this other dude sold exclusive leaked goodies back then. I think the dudes name was James John??? Something like that.

WTF ever happened to them. I was always a bit disappointed in how much tape hiss was on the Baton Rouge ‘78 and Memphis ‘82 boots, but I suppose that was out of their control. They always kind of over sold them as these pristine recordings which they were not.

Did the mysterious box of board tapes ever get leaked from the guy in Australia who fell off the face of the earth too?
Oh jeez, I wonder if one of these two are who I bought my one and only paid bootleg purchase off eBay probably in '99 or 2000? The aforementioned Memphis '82 show. Somewhere around the house I still have the two CD's complete with their printed-at-someone's-home "cloud" label with fancy italicized font.

Definitely was not the sound I was expecting but still an interesting view into the Mirage Tour. Pretty sure Lindsey was completely smashed by the time he got to Go Your Own Way. His "thank you for coming" speech during the intro was a bit drunky sounding and the big solo comes to a ramshackle ending.