View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
....with the exception of Mick(several ex wife’s, young kids) it may not be about the money. It’s a job that keeps these older folks active because there is an audience that will still pay to see them. You think?
Stevie said in a recent interview that being active, working, doing things keeps you a young 72 not an old 72, and that she was finding sitting at home doing nothing was impacting her and that's why she's so resentful about it all.

Of course, being at home does NOT stop you from writing songs, or working on arrangements of songs you'd like to put on a next album... hell people have been putting songs/albums together remotely long before covid... sending computer files back and forth you add your part and send to me, I add my part/make changes and send back to you, etc... and of course you can facetime/zoom/whatever to see each other and talk. You can paint at home; you can write in your journals at home; you can have creative meetings with the team helping make a Rhiannon movie/show/whatever ....
so this bs about "can't do anything just sitting at home" is all in the eye of the beholder.

It seems more like when she says these are her last "youthful years" she's referring to her appearance and her ability to still makeup and dress up as the public "Stevie" character she's presented to the world for years. And it seems like the "stuff that keeps you busy" she's referring to is going out on the road