View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Sadly I do believe Lindsey will be back. I said this from the beginning. I can certainly hear Mick talking how the band needs him and how the band has always weathered personal differences, etc. Then Stevie will say their time is short and she has no time to hold grudges. Then they will launch their farewell tour sponsored by Depends.

There is a bit of irony here how Lindsey desperately wanted out of their dysfunction to stay away from the band for 10 years. Clearly the big money keeps him around too. But now the band cut ties with him claiming he was the dysfunction and its Lindsey reaching out to go back to the band.

I will say that Fleetwood Mac treats their "new" members worse than any band in music history. They are disposable as diapers. Mick always claims its a new chapter and they are here to stay even to make new music. But when it comes to making huge money instead of just money, he throws them overboard. He's even into doing that to his legacy guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.
lol, this part belongs in the commercial thread.

I can see it going either way. Historically, they've always found their way back to each other, if not to complete forgiveness. With the way Stevie is talking now about performing, I could see her saying exactly that: We don't have very much time, we may never see each other again. (Whassamattabaybeh?)

At the same time, Stevie seems determined to never speak to him again; to never even acknowledge their history, which again, is a dramatic statement in and of itself.

The tide does seem to be turning with this. I think the idea of yet another grand reunion is probably appealing to them because they know it will garner attention and satisfy a lot of fans. Breaking up and getting back together has always been good business for FM.

But I still won't be shelling out for a ticket.