View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Indeed. And I also think some of what Ray was referring to was also that short tour the band did to get some live experience together just before or while recording the white FM album. I recall Mick saying somewhere that he felt it was important for them to have done shows together and various management/label types tried to discourage them. But he said in the end he was glad they did because it helped them solidify playing together even more and when the album was finally finished and they went on that first proper tour they had the experience of those previous shows to draw on.

This was the period where Stevie used to constantly compare touring to "being in the Army" with inane comments like "You have to be where you're supposed to be and you have to be on time" (welcome to the real world). It really showed what a spoiled princess she was up til then. How long was any BN tour??

We've heard Chris talk about lugging her own bags and even crew have talked about her setting up bits of her own gear onstage.... I would bet my mortgage Stevie NEVER so much as plugged in a microphone let alone ever helped carry anything heavy. There are pics of her carrying her big gypsy handbags with her books and things but that's it.
Yeah, Chris was a real road warrior, despite writing songs like “Homeward Bound” as early as 72! I love that Polaroid Richard Daschut shared with The ledge where she’s repairing her Höner with pliers or a wrench. She was no pampered darling. Bob Welch once remarked, Christine lived on Dunkin‘ Donuts in the early 70s. I could see her drinking wine and gorging on junk food, taking it all in stride as a hard but good living...To me, that’s a far more heroic story than Stevie’s triumphant rise to superstardom.