View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I wouldn’t argue with much of this, though there are several recordings of her from that first tour where she sounds great. From what I gather, she was inconsistent due to fatigue and relentless touring. She couldn’t persist like the rest of them—that is until “Over My Head” and “Rhiannon” changed things. Then, buoyed by self confidence, she became what she became.
Indeed. And I also think some of what Ray was referring to was also that short tour the band did to get some live experience together just before or while recording the white FM album. I recall Mick saying somewhere that he felt it was important for them to have done shows together and various management/label types tried to discourage them. But he said in the end he was glad they did because it helped them solidify playing together even more and when the album was finally finished and they went on that first proper tour they had the experience of those previous shows to draw on.

This was the period where Stevie used to constantly compare touring to "being in the Army" with inane comments like "You have to be where you're supposed to be and you have to be on time" (welcome to the real world). It really showed what a spoiled princess she was up til then. How long was any BN tour??

We've heard Chris talk about lugging her own bags and even crew have talked about her setting up bits of her own gear onstage.... I would bet my mortgage Stevie NEVER so much as plugged in a microphone let alone ever helped carry anything heavy. There are pics of her carrying her big gypsy handbags with her books and things but that's it.