Thread: The Reagans
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I'm not a Nancy fan either. It was great when that guy screams at her "That dress you're wearing could feed me for a year!" Don't you think they made Ronnie out to be a tad bit naive? I wish it was longer because a lot of things were glossed over. The whole Just Say No thing from the balcony was interesting. They could have done a whole mini-series on Iran Contra, especially with the way it's played into the mess we're in now. I also thought it was interesting how she cancelled his meeting with VP Bush while Ronnie was in the hospital but then said he'd see Tip O'Neill.
Oh, they portrayed him as a naive little boy who didn't know a thing. But, in all actuality, they weren't off base too much. People close to Reagan have been saying for years how he was naive and too dumb to be president. The only reason Republicans and conservatives hold him in such high regard is because he's the only Republican president who didn't have the foolish things he did publicized. Make no mistake, the Gipper was a flake. And Nancy was the first white trash first lady.

I wish it was longer, too; I would've loved to have seen the backstage drama Nancy caused on the set of Diff'rent Strokes,