View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
David point is exactly the opposite, though..
It was actually a red herring. Nothing in what he said disputes the assertion that if Lindsey had stayed, they would have still used auxiliary players, that it wasn’t something that was dictated by Stevie, which was the only point I was making. In both cases, there was a degree of recreating sonic layers from the albums. Based on the rather extreme lengths Lindsey went through to do that in 1993, it completely stands to reason that he would have gone along with, if not altogether insisted, on augmenting the band, especially for the TITN material. I don’t think any of them were interested in “paraphrasing” too much with that album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
IMHO people make way too much fuss about possible Lindsey statements about touring with a bigger band in 1987. For the love of God, I would not take any statements of Lindsey at the time as serious. I know its in Mick's book but there were never any rehearsals and it also could have been a ploy to stall talking about the tour. Lindsey never wanted to tour in 1987. He may have given it a second thought but people act like they were rehearsing with extra guitar players, etc. I was glued to my radio in May 1987 with a big radio promotion of TITN. Every band member was interviewed. Lindsey was directly asked about touring. He said it was not discussed and the silence on the issue could lead it to go either way. I was like WTF. I heard it with my own ears months before the blowout at Christine's house. So its really not worth taking serious because he may have casually mentioned it would be nice to add a few other musicians.
Billy and Rick were announced six weeks before the tour started. Tours of that magnitude take longer than six weeks to put together. Obviously there had been some measure of tour planning while Lindsey was still in the band.

Lindsey was always vague about the band’s future in the TITN interviews. The more they were interviewed, the more obvious it was he didn’t want to be there anymore.

Quote:
LOL Having said that, I doubt he meant taking on 3 Stevie Nicks back up singers and Asante
He absolutely would have wanted a percussionist. Remember, it was his idea to have Steve augment the band on the 09 and 13 tours. Listen to all of the percussion on TITN, especially his songs.

And, if they were already augmenting the band, why wouldn’t she bring her backing singers?

THE Stephen Hopkins