View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I had my AC/DC phase in life. I do lighting regularly for a hard rock band(wearing ear plugs!). I still like it, BUT....

I'm really a melody/harmony addict. I like pleasing sounds. Probably the reason Christine used to be my favorite. She has a soothing voice.

I HATE to be yelled at. Roger Daltry SUCKS(wasn't it Keef who said he sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard?)! Don't yell at me! Sing to me. Make me relax. I'm a hyper person anyway, so I want music to relax me.

BTW, Storms is my least favorite song(by FAR) on Tusk. It's too relaxing. More like a coma. So I don't have that in common with $tevie.
AC/DC and Metallica are my favorite metal bands. I love it exactly for the same reasons you don't like it: I'm also a hyper person but I love to be one. I'm not a person searching for relax. And I love to get crazy and have fun moving my head with heavy metal

Heavy metal guitar solos are perfect. Just perfect.

Love the lyrics on Storms. The melody totally sucks. Too whiny. Too…. $tevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.