Thread: Get Tusked
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback818 View Post
this is getting so out of hand, you all waited decades for stevie to f up somehow (the one that was loyal to the band longer than Lindsey despite a busy solo career) to absolutely ruin her and call her a witch/hag/attention wh*re whatever. All the other f ups of the band members are forgiven and you all act like they're angels, lindsey buckingham is no angel and never has been, and we ALL have read endlessly how hard he is to work with. Remember when he quit the band after contracts were signed and a whole big ass tour was booked, that was a real f'ed up thing to do the band, don't you people think?

I don't post like ever so I am going to make one long post about my opinions on the matters of the mac the last few years...

1) Stevie refusing to record new album
She probably doesn't write anymore and honestly that's fine... she earned her status to go on these endless tours and play her repertoire.
Also, he has become an awful producer, sorry to you old farts that actually thought Buckingham Mcvie sounded good... his production screams crackhead and is stuck in the Tango in the Night Era with his awful effects and constantly pitching background voices up and down (ugh he ruined so many good say you will songs with this). I could understand not wanting to record with him, she is 70 something and deserves to decide how she wants to record her music. I agree with anyone that says she was wrong to say no and keep them on a string, but that's their fault for not putting their foot down and saying we are recording a fleetwood mac album, get involved or don't.

2) Lindsey getting fired
We know the rumours behind the firing, but we still do not know the entire truth. You people are so salty at Stevie without actual factual evidence other than Lindsey's side of the story, which doesn't even make sense. This musicares sh*t has to be Stevie's excuse for something else. Lindsey has kicked her (allegedly I guess?), berated her, and condescended to her so many times in the past, him laughing and looking at an imaginary watch during her speech is rly the feather that broke the camel's back? I don't buy it. Even so, she is 70 years old, it's life to not get along with people and not be able to work with individuals from personal baggage. Yes, she should've just shut up and let the band finish the last few years up (she has dealt with him all these years, with literally a handful left) but I am SO sick of the absolute vitriol that has destroyed this forum from obsessed buckingham fans that never liked stevie nicks (homermcvie) and finally got the ammo they've been waiting for to wreak havoc on this website, I hardly ever check on here anymore because it sucks now.

P.S. wish I had this kind of energy to write my college thesis paper.
Wow.

How many times have many of us, including David (homemcvie), commented on how much we used to love Stevie? Until she lied, and pulled some stupid sh*t.

I guess it's not even worth addressing the other comments.

Good luck on your thesis, I know it's a pain, but you'll get it done.