View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I don't agree that "As Long As You Follow" was dud either. Fleetwood Mac was way past their prime at this point, so as long as they were appealing to their base, which they were, that should have been the measure of their success. In this case, their base was on the AC chart, and the song hit #1 and GH went on to sell 10 million copies worldwide, 8 million alone in the US. So "As Long As You Follow" did its job.
I'm with you and fuzzyplum- As Long As You Follow is in my top 10 list of favorite FM songs. Absolutely beautiful song, and the video is beautifully shot, with the whole band looking beautiful and dignified. Wow, I used the word beautiful 3 times here! Anyway, it should have charted higher, and man, how I wish Christine would have sang this on their Behind the Mask tour. The song is also, lyrically, such a great Valentine to the fans. I've always felt like Christine wrote this as a thank you to the fans for sticking with them. If Christine and Lindsay had performed this on their current tour, I think I would have passed out! But the album selling 10 million+ copies is probably due more to the album being a greatest hits album rather than As Long As You Follow.

Back to No Questions Asked, though- glad to hear this little gem has a following, too. Stevie tried something different for her, lyrically and vocally, and it works, despite being a little jarring at first. But can anyone tell me what type of instrument is being played in the section I mentioned?

Last edited by bwboy; 08-24-2017 at 02:17 PM..