View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Stevie isn't disrespecting Christine any more than Christine was disrespecting Stevie when she decided to take leave of the band for all of those years.
She didn't take a leave, she retired from the band (and music industry) and gave them her blessing to continue without her. Christine didn't hold the band up, she got out of their way.

Quote:
Christine disappeared into the English countryside and did what SHE wanted to do.
Again, she had retired, was very clear on her intentions, and encouraged the band to continue without her. She didn't hold them up or stifle them from pursuing creative endeavors ad a band.

Quote:
Stevie has a right to do what she wants, plain and simple.
Nobody's debating that. However, she has an obligation to be upfront with the band about how involved she'll be with Fleetwood Mac going forward.

Quote:
Christine made it plain that she is not a great friend to Stevie. Didn't she say in some interview that she didn't even talk to her during that time away? Yeah, some GREAT friend she was.........but that probably will be blamed on Stevie as well. I mean, she's the epitome of evil, right?
Huh? I don't think Christine kept in touch with anyone but Mick and, to a much lesser extent John. Christine was mostly a recluse and Stevie was always busy. I don't think that they had any ill will towards each other, but I also don't think they were ever best friends.

Quote:
Mick's doing the same thing and everyone isn't baby crying over that!
Only because Fleetwood Mac isn't doing anything right now . . .

THE Stephen Hopkins