View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
OMG can you believe I completely forgot to brag to all of you that on June 16, 2016 I celebrated exactly 14 years cigarette free? I have never forgotten one of my special anniversaries before. I chain smoked those damn things and I remember in the last few years of them waking up every morning and coughing to death. I also puked a lot in those years never knowing until I quit that my body was rejecting the nicotine. I had tried quitting several times before but could never make it past ten days. I called it "the ten day hurdle." But when my body told me it was time to quit I decided to smoke to the very last cig in that pack knowing full well that would be it. Cigs in those days cost $4.50 a pack but I saved money by purchasing them by the carton. I quit cold turkey and had cravings every day for eleven months. But I courageously fought the battle and triumphed.
​Well done Viv! I also had my last cigarette nearly 14 years ago - 1st December 2002. I'd spent months travelling and decided that when I landed back in the UK I would never have another cigarette. I was a social smoker (rather than needing one every day) but just couldn't stop, it took me a couple of years of trying. My grandfather died of lung cancer in his 50's so I knew that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones if I kept up this habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
European Championship
Wales 3 Russia 0

Wales qualify for the knock-out stages as top of Group B.
English qualify second.[/SIZE]

Cymru am byth!
Da iawn!! Pob lwc Cymru!

Thanks for the update. I rarely put the TV on and I'm not a football fan so I haven't heard much about Euro 2016, but I'm glad they are doing so well.