View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
OMG can you believe I completely forgot to brag to all of you that on June 16, 2016 I celebrated exactly 14 years cigarette free? I have never forgotten one of my special anniversaries before. I chain smoked those damn things and I remember in the last few years of them waking up every morning and coughing to death. I also puked a lot in those years never knowing until I quit that my body was rejecting the nicotine. I had tried quitting several times before but could never make it past ten days. I called it "the ten day hurdle." But when my body told me it was time to quit I decided to smoke to the very last cig in that pack knowing full well that would be it. Cigs in those days cost $4.50 a pack but I saved money by purchasing them by the carton. I quit cold turkey and had cravings every day for eleven months. But I courageously fought the battle and triumphed.

Thats nice to hear Viv. .Congrats on your kicking the bad habit.I never got into smoking .Thank god.I tried it and did not like it.I tried pot and did not inhale it.Oops Where did I hear that from.LOL...No I tried it and did not care for it.My father quit cold turkey and never looked back this time around 1982 as I remember when FM's Gypsy was on the radio.He was up to 2 1/2 to 3 packs around that time.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016