Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Well how many adopted children wish they were never born? If life is such a gift how come soo many people are unhappy? Tit for tat - ****t for shatt

This discussion reminds of the movie Citizen Ruth - watch the absurdity.
Hmm, I'm guessing YOU are unhappy? (just teasing) When there is life, there is always the potential that things will get better. When there isn't, well, all the beautiful what ifs can never be. I really hesitated to weigh in on this discussion as I am no fan of confrontation, and when it comes to the anonymity of the internet, people really seem to say a lot of mean things to each other that they wouldn't ever say when having a reasoned discussion face to face. For whatever reason though, something told me to mention those organizations that can help you through those months until you can get to the point where you can pass your child to the parents who so desperately want it. So, if I gave even one person something to think about that could lead to a different outcome, then that's a good thing. Now...I think LouieLouie is right, and we should try and steer this discussion back to the original topic, which was what was going on in Stevie's life that influenced what happened. Since times have changed so much over the years, I wonder if it had happened to her now, if things would have been different. Women have been in the workforce so long that nobody is expected to have either a family or a career, but not both. She has many contemporary friends now who have shown that you can navigate that path. Oh, by the way, happy early New Year to everyone!