View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 02:38 PM

1) Rumours
Perfect, polished and refined in the form and raw and emotional in the lyrical expression

2) Fleetwood Mac
It's still imperfect but already has all the elements that will be further developed in Rumours: harmonies, melodies, songwriting (think Monday morning is the precursor of Second hand news) while Stevie and Lindsey's songs are still very Buckingham Nicks-ish because they are not yet separeted artistical beings and also the others of the band bring their blues history with them. It unifies the best of all the band members until then.Finally it has historically importance as the album that resurrected the band, the spark that led to rumours and one of the best albums of the year and of all time.

3) Tusk
It's perfect in its imperfection. Each songrwriter is an isolated artistical being. Daring and ambitious.

4) Mirage
A good album, unfortunately I can't stand Empire state and I didn't like Lindsey's songs on the first listening, except Book of love that however thought a bit silly, but there are very good Stevie's and Christine songs anyway. There's nothing new or exciting tough, but the band is starting to be more "visual" and is experimenting the novelty of videos with some great results; I wish they would have done more good videos like Gypsy, Stevie's Mirage look was a bomb.

5) Tango in the night
On the first listening I found it a bit boring. It's very eighty-ish and my generation isn't familiar with so munch synthesizer, it's outdated. Plus Stevie's songs are the worse of her career with the band (not solo).
I'm revaluating it now that I'm listening to more 80's music, it was a very good move for the time.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-06-2014 at 02:41 PM..