View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I'm really glad someone finally said it about the Stones. I love them, but go to one of their fan sites (iorr.org is the one I frequent), and you will see the exact same bitching about the setlist selections/sequencing/song arrangements as you do here.
of course fans following all bands bitch. NIN fans bitch that they always end their set with Hurt. always. every tour. but you know what? it's worth following NIN around. it's worth seeing 2 different tours. it's worth seeing them at festivals vs regular tour dates. setlists are highly varied and different. when they have new album out, in 2-3 dates in a row they cover every single new song. every. single. one. or follow Pearl Jam around and you will always get surprises. and all these bands do highly solid shows, make no mistake. they are not Grateful Dead. on top of everything NIN does a huge production. Pearl Jam has amazing audience interactions. they do on the spot covers. the list goes on.

re Stones - to have most of the setlist the same and switch 3 songs between dates is very different from basically playing the EXACT same setlist for the last 40 or so years!! wouldn't we all be ecstatic if FM would switch around 3 songs from date to date??????? i mean, we call ourselves lucky if they switch 3 songs from tour to tour!! if the leaked setlist is correct, between them Stevie and Lindsey switched exactly ONE song since the last tour, and dropped a few to accommodate Christine's. that's not 7 different songs from the last tour, that's 1! (and that 1 was played on the tour just before last.)

lmao at FM changing 7 songs since the last tour. aha. how many did they switch since the Dance? oh yeah, now they dropped the ones that were new at the time, that's about it.

FM fans have much less reasons to see them on every tour, however great performance they give, or to see them several dates in a row. i made a mistake and thought FM might be as interesting as LB solo to see a number of times on one tour, so i made a huge mistake and saw them way to many times last year - and i got burned out. we have every reason to bitch, much more than fans of other bands.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"