View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
The show they played all the new Rumours songs and nobody knew them. The reaction was dead...pretty funny in hindsight when we all know what eventually happened with that album. He mentions it in many interviews...I think Behind the Music and the press junket for the 2013 tour. Speaking of press junket, shouldn't they be starting to promote this next tour? Also, will we actually hear how Christine sounds anywhere before the tour begins?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Thanks! Hadn't read that before. Pretty hard to believe people not responding to GYOW, etc. And to be the first to hear it, that'd be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Chili here has written about hearing it, but it was missing something, so I don't know how impressed he was with it.

Michele
Yeah, heard GYOW a few times well before Rumours was released. (the first time was Nov '75) It wasn't close to the version we've come to know & love, but it was still really good. They also debuted "You Make Loving Fun" at the Universal Amphitheatre in mid-summer 1976. It was more like the alternate verson on this latest Rumours deluxe set. They even did "Silver Springs" at a couple of shows. I don't think they ever did a show where they played the entire album, but from March '77 onwards, they were playing a majority of the album. (Every show I saw them do during that spring/summer the new songs were extremely well-received). By August of '77, they were playing everything from Rumours except "Don't Stop" & "I Don't Want To Know"...and the crowds were rabid. (yes, I typed "rabid").