View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mick's book

I also have to clarify one thing. Mick's book was just a shmooze and a coverup in some places. It was not written by him but by another. Bob and I were living together when the writer contacted Bob and didn't use a lot of what he said and changed a lot. It made Bob a bit angry. Most of all he was angry about what they said at the end of the book that Bob was writing for films and movie scores. Straight up lie! He was proud of the fact that he was starting a new band called "The Touch" with Dallas Taylor, the drummer from Crosby Still Nash & Young and others that played out and was managed by Noel Monk, the prior manager of Van Halen. Bob couldn't understand why they would make that up about films and not say what he was really doing.

As you all probably know, Mick is dyslexic, and that is not a put down, just a fact. Bob used to have to look up things in the phone book for him because he couldn't get what words were in alphabetical order, and that is a common disorder that can be overcome. Mick never did overcome that and God Bless him has been very successful inspite of his handicap. But he did not write that book, nor could he have probably read it.

Also, Bob has written a book that I have in his own words, not mine. That is where I get most of my info from and also from hearing his stories for over 27 years. If I can ever get all of his business and publishing unraveled so I can move on with my life, I intend that to be my first project. As far as I tunes is concerned, he does have many songs on UTube, I tunes, etc. that can be downloaded. But the record companies have control over that, not myself or Mick or FM. The music business is very complicated. FM has to OK it, but the record company has to want to do it first. And I am no newcomer to the industry!

Last edited by Wendy Welch; 03-19-2014 at 11:58 PM..