View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Re: Re: The way I am able...

Quote:
Originally posted by worldturning
With this method, and please correct me if I am wrong, all you are doing is copying a downsampled 2 channel analog version of the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround version (your TDK dual dvd burner has L and R analog audio inputs). I've done basically the same copying audio tracks from the Dance DVD using the LPCM (stereo) side of the DVD instead of the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround side. If I remember correctly, DVD players will automatically downsample a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal to 2 channels on their analog outs (L and R).
Thats exactly what is does, Just your basic run-of-the-mill 2 channel stereo version. The only way 5.1 works is if you use a 5.1 receiver and burn the separate channels indiviually, But then you just have a fragment of a song not the whole song (Beatle music collector's are experts at this...I have seen a bunch of the 5.1 mixes done of Beatles DVD's) but that result can sound very cool...

Personally, I enjoy using my DVD to mix down the regular cd releases moreso than any 5.1 disc...Look at the "unmixed" "Illume" & "Thrown Down" that are floating around in circulation, They sound exactly the same as the versions I burnt off the DVD player for my "Mono Mixes".

Quote:
The remastered Rumours cd is supposed to come out later this year anyway.
Hopefully, the FM remasters will be improved sonically unlike the official Beatles remasters were (I'm very skeptical of the FM remasters. Hell, I'm skeptical of any remastered release nowadays!!!)...Trust me, When certain remasters of the official Beatles albums such as the Dr.Ebbetts remasters, the Dr.Ebbett's MFSL remasters, the Mirror Spock remasters, the Millennium Remasters & the newer DLH's have better sonic quality than the official Apple/EMI releases ya know know something went wrong...I hope the same doesnt happen with the FM remasters!

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."