View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
And sometimes people move on, and find love again.
Right. It makes me giggle the way people go out of their way to prove every other relationship either ever had was fake. Oh, that's a façade for the public. Behind the scenes, they're really committed only to each other. Obviously, this has been the JFK weekend of conspiracy plots, but the SnL ones put the assassination scenarios to shame.

You move on, you find love again and you often find a different love that's richer and deeper, if not as passionate and volatile. If Stevie and Lindsey were cut out for an enduring relationship, they would have had one. Actually, they have had one and that's commendable, but I think both of them really envision a monogamous kind of love that they never seem to have had together and I think that's the crux of their "what might have been" fantasies -- that they regret what they couldn't actually achieve. I don't think they could have had a family for a minute. Sure, they could have had kids, but not given them a home or a foundation.

You don't spend 40 years apart if you were actually destined to be together. Star-crossed love is usually crossed for a reason in romances, but there were many, many years when Stevie and Lindsey never actually had a reason not to be together. There were plenty of times when there were no obstacles to a permanent reunion between them, except each other.

Now, I can ship pretty hard. I love what Stevie and Lindsey have between them, but I don't think what they have is 35 years of secret love. I don't doubt they've had sex back and forth over time. But the fact that they've been sleeping around with other people constantly during that span of time quickly tarnishes whatever romantic fantasies I'd like to entertain.

Michele