View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even if they did a tour, they couldn't do it any time soon, after the current one. I think they'd have to wait until 2015 at the earliest. So, if they concentrated on an album in 2014 and maybe a 2015 tour ...

But like you said, it wouldn't have to be an exhaustive world tour. Just play a sufficient number of dates and GIVE US A GOOD DVD.

Michele

well, they'd have to wait at least THREE YEARS before touring again because "that's what we do".

I'm sure though that all the accountants and whatnot have it worked out just how many dates and seats they have to sell to break even-- pay everyone's guarantees, the private jets, hotels, salaries of all the employees, trucks, security guards, etc etc etc that they 'need' when they tour, let alone make a profit. It could well be that that size of a tour would be more than Chris would want (or has wanted anyway). Maybe the future will see she's up for it all again.

As for her complaining about touring (someone else posted about that) being away from home for a year or more I can see certainly being unappealing especially after having done it for decades. And FM and other bands have talked about how tedious and frankly boring it can be a lot of the time on the road. I just watched a Nirvana documentary where they talked about the grind of the road and every single day the jet lag and the never-ending interviews and obligations and never getting just a day, a lousy day, to sleep in and then do whatever the hell you want for a couple of hours. So I can see where Chris would just have had enough.