View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Ulpian, You sound like you are working for a record company. Are you? You're speaking way out of school and you should be more concerned about being sued than anyone for your implications.

Slander suits are very hard to win, unless you can show damage. Bottom line! and you don't have a clue what you are talking about. I did finish court reporting school and all the law classes by the way! And you are half crocked with your one-sided statements about settlements. Have you ever studied law? It doesnt sound like it to me.

Please sign the Petition to get Bob Inducted in the Hall of Fame. It's "Induct bob Welch in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". We collected 2,000 signatures on the first petition, and the second petition has over 2, 050 signatures. We need more PLEASE HElP BOB WELCH! He deserves it. GO WELCH WARRIORS!
Since you have addressed me direct, Mrs Welch, I shall do the same to you.

I have never worked for a record company. I studied Law at the graduate level. I am a member of the legal profession in the United Kingdom with experience of work in other jurisdictions.

All of my comments here have, I think, been measured. I have observed that this thread contains some comments which, in their present state or if taken further, might be construed as defamatory. I'm quite familiar with that area of the law.

For what it's worth, if you look back, I said I thought that your late husband deserved to be inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I'd be interested to know what it is you think I might be sued for.

I'm surprised a moderator hasn't stepped in, because there are some posts which touch on subjects that are possibly defamatory and some relate to legal arrangements about which I thought were maybe off limits.