View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Ulpian, You sound like you are working for a record company. Are you? You're speaking way out of school and you should be more concerned about being sued than anyone for your implications.
I thought Ulpian's comment to the above assertions that Christine must be vindictive and that is why (sudden, dramatic leap) Stevie must have been intimidated by her were well formed and reasonable.

I, as much as anyone else, want to see Bob in the Hall of Fame, because he deserved it and because it mattered so much to him. However, I find the public finger pointing distasteful and unproductive.

I also think we should avoid creating full blown character profiles of certain members (in this case Mick and Christine--John is apparently immune to them) as if we knew them well and fully understood their motivations.

That said, Bob's lawsuit (well-founded or otherwise--and I'm assuming he was entitled to certain royalties or he would not have sued) must have seemed to Fleetwood and the McVies terribly ironic in light of the Clifford Davis suit that they and Bob went through together in the mid 70s.