View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for this. I'm not surprised by any of the information except that both Christine and Lindsey were upset for not winning the grammy. Well, I say, you should've put together a package that wasn't 95% nostalgia--largely for a grammy you won in 1977. As good as it was to see the band do that TV concert and as fine as it was to hear them sing those songs again, the best moments of that recording are when they break new ground: the four new songs intrigued me, as did the re-arrangements of "Big Love" and "Say You Love Me." "Silver Springs" is an outstanding re-interpretation of the original. The rest is pretty much re-treading very old, tired ground.

I was annoyed that James Taylor won the grammy that year. His album was likewise the same old thing. Paula Cole (remember her?) should have won for This Fire.

When the Rumours line-up reconvened in 1997, they could have done it right. Instead, they chose to make big, comparatively easy money. No innovation. I was thrilled to see them again, but I admire SYW and ITM far more than that recording. And kudos for Stevie for the new (ish) album, since it shows her growth as a performer and composer.