Thread: Video tributes
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since I'm a electronics geek.I love old electronic gear.My basement and garage is full of old gear.I repair electronic gear for almost the same time Rumours came out.I'm done it in the trade for years.Now people get electronics cheaper new from Walmart and the box stores here in the states.The repair biz is dead now.Forget Radio Shack.All they want to do is sell you a cell phone package.

This is a good forum that I hang out on.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/...3c43b2ea5b23df

They help me alot if I get stumped on a repair.They know where there are sources for parts for old gear that we collect.I do have those Amiga's and Commodore computers somewhere here.I think it was a Commodore VIC 20 keyboard that almiost whacked me in the head the other night in the basement.I got to check those usb port turntables out myself.I got some Stevie/FM radio shows That I supposted to digitalize for some friends awhile ago.

Ok sorry about drifting off topic.Keep making those vids for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
Hi MacFan, you're welcome!
Well, I wasn't so lucky with my record player, in fact I was just able to make this video, then while I was listening to "Ricky" something happened and I couldn't hear the sounds anymore. I could hear something, but it was very low. My dad tried to repair it some days ago, but there are some old components hard to find today, so unfortunately he should replace various parts in order to fix the damage. He says it's not worth it, but it's still a pity. I love vintage things.
My mum says that the last time she used it was in the 70s and that after so many years, it's obvious that these devices will break.
I'm always VERY lucky, I guess ...
Anyway, as soon as possible I'll buy this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/270976497888?...84.m1423.l2649
It's a record player that records mp3 files directly on usb pen drives or SD/MMC cards from vinyls (33-45-78), cassettes and aux-in. It's not very charming as the ancient ones, but I guess it's useful. It has also many other features, but I'm an old fashioned lady and all this technology bores me (in fact I still have a Commodore Amiga 1200 in my house and soon I'll buy also a C64).

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016