Thread: Houston 10/9
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review

Catfish Festival a feather-in-the cap for Friends of Conroe, city

Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 12:00 am

By Jay Ross Martin III, Texas music columnist

Early this month a group of friends including Ricky Tullos, Mike Pittman, Brian Gordney, Ruthie and I went to the Verizon Theatre in Houston and heard Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac.

This show featured the critically acclaimed lead guitarist, vocalist and, along with Stevie Nicks, the chief songwriter for Fleetwood Mac performing with his own band of talented musicians. Man, he sounded great and watching him rip wonderful leads on his electric guitar and showcase his crisp powerful vocals you realized how important he is to the legendary super group Fleetwood Mac! Mixing songs he has written for his solo projects with the hits he has written for the Fleetwood Mac Band, one began to realize what a gifted songwriter he is. I used to think Mr. Buckingham was riding his former girlfriend Stevie Nicks’ coattails. The concert Sunday night at the Verizon Theater proved that that simply was not the case and was and still is a very integral part of the band. I urge you to check out Lindsey Buckingham when he is back in our area.

rest (not about LB) here:
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/couri...5ef24010d.html