View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Well, that is beyond me. You want her to do to the beloved Christine what she did to Katharine Hepburn.
well, you know more than me - haven't seen her portrayal of Hepburn so i might need to defer to your judgement there. i did like her in the roles i've seen her in and i do think she has physical resemblance, especially face.

i agree that it is not all in the looks, but looks / sound are definitely a big part of it. for example, i hated Joaquin Phoenix in the role of Johnny Cash since he has zero physical resemblance, and more importantly, he sounds nothing like him when he sings. i know he's got all these accolades and awards for the role, but that still means nothing to me. for me one of the essential things about Johnny Cash was his deep gorgeous voice, he could sing anything and it would sound good. and Phoenix sounds nothing like him when he sings, it was like i was not even listening to Cash's songs when they were performed in the movie... so although i liked the movie, i could never really get into it and think that i'm supposed to be watching movie about Cash - it was just a good story that mimicked his life story, but Phoenix was NOT Johnny Cash.