The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New article with Mike Campbell (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60354)

sleepless child 05-13-2024 06:18 PM

New article with Mike Campbell

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...941b8313f58ddc

sleepless child 05-13-2024 06:23 PM

If it doesn't open he basically says he wouldn't want to do a tour with guest vocalists because it would ruin the legacy of the band. When asked about Fleetwood Mac he said it's pretty much done without Christine, Stevie or Lindsey. He talked to Mick recently and Mick said it all hinges on Stevie. Mike made the comment that Stevie is off doing her "brand". Sounds kind of like Mike's eyes were opened while touring with Stevie. Sounds like he might have some regrets on his roll in ruining the legacy of Fleetwood Mac

blinker12 05-13-2024 06:42 PM

Actually, I read his quote about Stevie as being positive and somewhat admiring.

“Stevie [Nicks] is real busy doing her thing; she seems to be blazing a trail,” he says.

He never uses the word “brand” when talking about her. “Blazing a trail,” on the other hand, is a phrase used for someone who’s got a lot of passion and is seen as a leader in their field. Not saying I agree or disagree, but to me the language feels like he still thinks highly of her.

UnwindedDreams 05-13-2024 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1294333)
“Blazing a trail,” on the other hand, is a phrase used for someone who’s got a lot of passion and is seen as a leader in their field.

Is that field "legacy act greatest hits" touring?

Interesting that Mick seemed like he wanted Mac to play again. Also Mike mentioning Lindsey but not Neil.

sleepless child 05-13-2024 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1294333)
Actually, I read his quote about Stevie as being positive and somewhat admiring.

“Stevie [Nicks] is real busy doing her thing; she seems to be blazing a trail,” he says.

He never uses the word “brand” when talking about her. “Blazing a trail,” on the other hand, is a phrase used for someone who’s got a lot of passion and is seen as a leader in their field. Not saying I agree or disagree, but to me the language feels like he still thinks highly of her.

I reread the article. You are correct. He doesn't say brand. Sorry about that.

SteveMacD 05-13-2024 09:51 PM

Not directly related to Fleetwood Mac , but…

FFS, if the Heartbreakers wanted to do shows, there’s one stupidly, blatantly obvious guy to take the helm. He’s an artist in his own right, his voice would work well on Tom’s songs, and he’s not remotely intimidated by walking in the footsteps of an American legend.

Lukas Nelson.

bombaysaffires 05-13-2024 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1294338)
Not directly related to Fleetwood Mac , but…

FFS, if the Heartbreakers wanted to do shows, there’s one stupidly, blatantly obvious guy to take the helm. He’s an artist in his own right, his voice would work well on Tom’s songs, and he’s not remotely intimidated by walking in the footsteps of an American legend.

Lukas Nelson.

Mike sounds pretty darn close to Tom and isn't an outside singer. But I just don't know that he can fulfill that frontman role like Tom did in that band.

SteveMacD 05-13-2024 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1294339)
Mike sounds pretty darn close to Tom and isn't an outside singer. But I just don't know that he can fulfill that frontman role like Tom did in that band.

I agree, which is why I think Lukas Nelson is the guy.

Macfan4life 05-14-2024 05:22 AM

Mike says he talked to Mick recently and discussed Fleetwood Mac and Mick said it all "hinges on Stevie?"
I see a Sheryl Crow-esque Fleetwood Mac reunion in the future. It may not even include John. But if Mick said that means he's asking Stevie or begging Stevie once she is done with her tour.
Mick needs money/

bwboy 05-14-2024 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1294338)

Lukas Nelson.

A bit of name recognition helps when replacing someone as famous as Tom Petty was. Admittedly, I’m out of the loop when it comes to music today, but I have no idea who Lukas Nelson is.

Villavic 05-14-2024 07:06 AM

Humm.. he said "“I spoke to Mick [Fleetwood] not too long ago, and it’s kind of up to Stevie if she wants to go in that direction".

I don't think Stevie would be interested to re activate the band. Besides, no Lindsey, no Christine, and very likely no John, there is no point.

If Mick needs money again, she could hired him as drummer in her solo tours, and sing more Mac songs (if that means more revenue to Mick).

jbrownsjr 05-14-2024 08:28 AM

Call it Fleetwood Nicks, but don't call it Fleetwood Mac. Please God, no. Enough destruction for your ego. Enough is enough is enough.

HomerMcvie 05-14-2024 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1294346)
A bit of name recognition helps when replacing someone as famous as Tom Petty was. Admittedly, I’m out of the loop when it comes to music today, but I have no idea who Lukas Nelson is.

Willie Nelson's son.

HomerMcvie 05-14-2024 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1294350)
Call it Fleetwood Nicks, but don't call it Fleetwood Mac. Please God, no. Enough destruction for your ego. Enough is enough is enough.

Mick's pathetic loserness, and Stevie's massive bloated ego...

PLEASE let it be over.

UnwindedDreams 05-14-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1294350)
Enough is enough is enough.

Next covers in the Fleetwood Mac setlist: No More Tears duet between Neil and Stevie dedicated to Lindsey?
Bad Girls with drum solo by Mick