The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Round 1 Nominations: Behind the Mask Era (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52505)

MacShadowsBall 08-26-2013 08:15 PM

Round 1 Nominations: Behind the Mask Era

Here's the 13th poll in the definitive Christine contest. This one has several albums represented in it - the '88 Greatest Hits; Rock, Rhythm, and Blues from 1989, Behind the Mask and the '92 Chain box set. So I'm calling it the "Behind the Mask era" songs!

Multiple choice - vote for the songs you believe to be Christine's best and definitive songs from the Behind the Mask era.

Poll closes in four days. :cool:

applebucked 08-27-2013 12:46 PM

Voted for As Long As You Follow, Behind the Mask, and Love Shines. :D All gorgeous songs from that era.

jbrownsjr 08-27-2013 02:25 PM

I really love Heart of Stone and As Long As you Follow... Also voted for Love Shines..

urbanscot 08-28-2013 06:56 PM

Save Me and Do You Know although this isn't my favourite era so quite tricky.

MacShadowsBall 08-28-2013 11:04 PM

I'm thrilled about As Long As You Follow and Love Shines, but I'm kinda shocked by Save Me not doing better. It was FM last Top 40 hit. :cool:

jbrownsjr 08-29-2013 11:11 AM

Surprised to see the title track. BTM.. very good tune... haunting..

aleuzzi 08-29-2013 11:27 AM

I often think Love Shines and Heart of Stone are the best FM songs since Little Lies--or anything o Mirage.

applebucked 08-30-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1101416)
I often think Love Shines and Heart of Stone are the best FM songs since Little Lies--or anything o Mirage.

Love Shines is amazing. Loved the video for that one too with her wearing those shades.

I don't even know who is the weaker link between her and Lindsey on Mirage. :laugh: All of my faves from that are Stevie songs.

MacShadowsBall 08-30-2013 08:31 AM

I voted for As Long As You Follow, Save Me, Behind the Mask, and one of my top Christine fav's - Love Shine. Love the video too!

Still got till tonight for more voting!! :cool:

aleuzzi 08-30-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1101564)
Love Shines is amazing. Loved the video for that one too with her wearing those shades.

I don't even know who is the weaker link between her and Lindsey on Mirage. :laugh: All of my faves from that are Stevie songs.

Perhaps you misunderstood my comment. I was speaking well of Christine's work on Mirage.

Love it love it love it. And Gypsy and Eyes of the World. That's about it. The rest is, well, ....

Love Shines and Heart of Stone are, to me, the first time since Little Lies or Mirage that FM sounded truly like FM. That's what I meant to say.

applebucked 08-30-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1101613)
Perhaps you misunderstood my comment. I was speaking well of Christine's work on Mirage.

Love it love it love it. And Gypsy and Eyes of the World. That's about it. The rest is, well, ....

Kind of, but still If I'm gonna tier them according to who has the best songs on the rather lackluster Mirage, I'll go with Stevie, then Chris, then Lindsey. Then again, they've got Hold Me, so all that goes out of the window. :laugh:

MacShadowsBall 08-30-2013 10:11 PM

As Long As You Follow, Behind the Mask, and Love Shines meet the 50% requirement and move on in the contest. :cool: