The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wikipedia: Mirage Remastered (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45704)

Andy Man 01-26-2011 11:47 AM

Wikipedia: Mirage Remastered

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but I came across this interesting piece of information the other day on wikipedia:

A new Remastered & Expanded version of Mirage is due for release in mid-2011 buy Rhino/Warner Music Group. CD 1 will be the original album remastered and CD 2 will feature bonus material taken from the Mirage era, such as B-sides and outtakes. A track listing for this release has not yet been announced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage_...wood_Mac_album)

Has anyone else heard about this? Has there been any official announcement?

RickRobert 01-26-2011 12:14 PM

Whoever put that on there did the same to the TITN page. It's bull though.

HomerMcvie 01-26-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 938764)
Whoever put that on there did the same to the TITN page. It's bull though.

Would be nice, if it were true, though!

I love Mirage, more than most people....

Silver Springs 01-26-2011 01:14 PM

Oh, they tease! It would be nice to have Mirage and Tango remastered with all those lovely extras (not that I don't have most of them anyway thanks to the download threads :p).

Artemis 01-26-2011 01:26 PM

It would be interesting to see what "extras" they would put on the second disk. Shame it's probably not true though, I'd buy a Mirage re-master in a heartbeat.

Dodfather 01-26-2011 01:54 PM

I'd love these remasters to actually happen but I think this might be one of the examples of how wikipedia can be notoriously unreliable!

MissLadyLoki 01-26-2011 02:12 PM

Even though I've never been fond of Mirage at all (as many of you know), that didn't sound true to me the least bit.

However, I'd love to see the Mirage show get a proper DVD release though

PenguinHead 01-26-2011 06:20 PM

If the news was credible, what would the bonus tracks be?

Goodbye Angel
Cool Water
Blue Monday
Teen Beat
???

Artemis 01-27-2011 07:37 AM

Smile At You and If You Were My Love remastered, along with those tracks, maybe?

It's weird, I know of a few Stevie and Lindsey demos from the Mirage era, but not from Christine... anyone?

MissLadyLoki 01-27-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 938917)
Smile At You and If You Were My Love remastered, along with those tracks, maybe?

It's weird, I know of a few Stevie and Lindsey demos from the Mirage era, but not from Christine... anyone?

I think I once heard a Hold Me demo on YouTube, but then again, you're looking at the gal who gets Say Goodbye and Goodbye Angel mixed up

chiliD 01-27-2011 11:26 AM

Well, at one point, the "Remaster project" was supposed to be the entire WB/Reprise CATALOGUE. (That's from Then Play On through Time, yes, Time) They started with FM '75, Rumours and Tusk as the first three, then supposed to release the rest over the next couple of years...well, somebody obviously put a kabosh on that project. Maybe it's back on the burner again. :shrug:

DavidMn 01-27-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 938965)
Well, at one point, the "Remaster project" was supposed to be the entire WB/Reprise CATALOGUE. (That's from Then Play On through Time, yes, Time) They started with FM '75, Rumours and Tusk as the first three, then supposed to release the rest over the next couple of years...well, somebody obviously put a kabosh on that project. Maybe it's back on the burner again. :shrug:

Wouldnt it be interesting to see some vault songs from the 69-74 era? I would love that!

chiliD 01-27-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 939007)
Wouldnt it be interesting to see some vault songs from the 69-74 era? I would love that!

Well, with Vaudeville Years & Showbiz Blues sets, Then Play On has kind of been mined...as well as the Kiln House era with the Madison Blues set. But, the Welch era would definitely be interesting to see what's been left in the can.

I was pretty disappointed with the first three reissues, other than one or two dusty gems (mainly speaking of Rumours & Tusk), we just got alternate versions of the songs that were on the albums. (and, even still, didn't get the cool "Songbird"-esque piano version of "Never Make Me Cry" that's been circulating on bootlegs for years on the Tusk reissue)

Let's hope that if there IS a few other albums reissued, they'll do a better job at coming up with some nearly finished outtakes that never saw light of day. (don't need some half-assed distorted unfinished demo of "Smile At You" or some studio jam of Fats Domino's "Blue Monday"...something more substantial, like "Goodbye Angel" & "Teen Beat" that showed up on The Chain box set.)

RickRobert 01-27-2011 03:33 PM

Tango In The Night seriously needs to be remastered, the production is well pants! Plus I need You And I Pt. 1 in good quality... :cool:

MissLadyLoki 01-27-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 939022)
Tango In The Night seriously needs to be remastered, the production is well pants! Plus I need You And I Pt. 1 in good quality... :cool:

I don't mean to be a dumb American Rowan, but pants? :shrug:

Anyways, a second disc of not just demos, but maybe those B-sides I heard about (anyone know what are they?)