The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   a fan's dillemma... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=31610)

shackin'up 03-05-2007 04:56 PM

a fan's dillemma...
 
The cheapest way to see some lindsey shows for a european is fly to NY and catch the two long island shows on march 23 and 24. On the other hand, with my budget I can't take the risk of him passing over to London in the fourth leg. Should I wait and see what he's gonna do that fourth leg and consider two shows in the last part of his tour?

gypsysoul 03-05-2007 05:13 PM

Tough one Gerald - I just have this feeling that he will play London but on the other hand having played New York before he may pull out something special for the 2 shows in March that you'd love to see and you'll be miserable you missed it.

So, I'd say - go for it. Go to NY, have a break and enjoy the city too. If London does come up, no worries, by then you'll either have won the lottery or an elderly relative you never knew you had will have left you a huge fortune so it won't be a problem:]

danax6 03-05-2007 05:13 PM

That's a tough decision for sure. BudgetAir has some cheap flights out to NYC, have you checked them already? I'm thinking of going out to NYC to see Stevie and/or Lindsey in June/July (talk about a tough decision!) I've mastered the art of finding the cheapest flight available, so let me know if you need any help. It's for a good cause after all, everyone deserves to see Lindsey. :D

I really doubt he's coming to Europe, btw.

danax6 03-05-2007 05:16 PM

That's a tough decision for sure. BudgetAir has some cheap flights out to NYC, have you checked them already? I'm thinking of going out to NYC to see Stevie and/or Lindsey in June/July (talk about a tough decision!) I've mastered the art of finding the cheapest flight available, so let me know if you need any help. It's for a good cause after all, everyone deserves to see Lindsey. :D

I really doubt he's coming to Europe, btw.

danax6 03-05-2007 05:19 PM

WHAT is up with the Ledge? :shrug:

face of glass 03-05-2007 05:19 PM

Seems like the board just got as repetitive as Lindsey himself. :lol:

danax6 03-05-2007 05:20 PM

^^
It's a sign! You have to go Gerald.

face of glass 03-05-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danax6 (Post 657592)
I'm thinking of going out to NYC to see Stevie and/or Lindsey in June/July (talk about a tough decision!)

Either he comes to Europe or I go to the States during the summer, it's that simple. :nod:

And Gerald, glad that your missus is allowing you to go. Now all one needs to do is to rob a bank in order to fulfill all those fan dreams. ;)

danax6 03-05-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by face of glass (Post 657600)
Either he comes to Europe or I go to the States during the summer, it's that simple. :nod:

I will definitely go again this summer, but I haven't decided yet whether I will see Lindsey or Stevie. I saw Linds back in Oct and I will see Stevie in Vegas in two weeks, so I guess it will depend on a coin toss this summer. I am kind of hoping there will be a few shows that are not too far apart so I can catch them both again.

DavidMn 03-05-2007 05:25 PM

Gerald, no question I would go to NYC if you can. Its better to be safe than sorry. You'll be kicking yourself if you dont go to those shows and he doesnt come to London.:nod:

gypsysoul 03-05-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danax6 (Post 657599)
^^
It's a sign! You have to go Gerald.

Sorry the board went a little crazy there but yes, it's definitely a message from 'above' - GO TO NY GERALD!

Stew_Matthews 03-05-2007 05:33 PM

Yes I've got a similar problem. I'm due to finish my contract the first week in April and I don't know whether to negotiate an earlier finish and get to NY and see Lindsey in March or hope that I can see Stevie and Lindsey between April and August in the US some how (if the dates work out). I just worry that there aren't too may touring years ahead and I can't wait much longer.

shackin'up 03-05-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by face of glass (Post 657600)

And Gerald, glad that your missus is allowing you to go. ;)

Well, that was never the real prob. It's been work and budget. The mean thing is, it just didn't feel right to spend such an amount of money just after you bought your first own house without knowing how your new financial situation would work out. So the biggest problem is my own concience.And that's still a fact. When I look deep in the eyes of my love I KNOW, she would never obstruct me in things I'm passionate about.

I think I'll consider your option. fourth leg, hoping for london. Otherwise, I'll look for the possibilities for the US in June/July.

Sahara 03-06-2007 07:28 PM

I say go for it if you can. :thumbsup: You only live once and as has been said you'll kick yourself if things don't happen as we'd like them to.
Good luck!

Musicman408 03-06-2007 07:56 PM

Yeah, I say go for it. :nod:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved