The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   "It's almost Summer... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28925)

Neb-Maat-Re 09-27-2006 10:47 PM

"It's almost Summer...

..and I can almost taste that sweet sunshine"

- to quote the 2nd most popular song by Zoo alumni Billy Thorpe.

And when Summer rolls around, a young man's thoughts inevitably turn to.....

Cricket!

Yes, I know, I'm the only person on this board who cares but a whit about cricket, but beiing alone on a subject never stopped me before.

This summer England are touring giving Australia the chance to regain The Ashes in Test cricket's oldest standing rivalry.

And then New Zealand join as the 3rd team in the One Day series. I prefer when the ODIs have 3 competitive sides instead of 2 and an easy-beat, sorry, "developing team".

And after that, it's off to St Kitts and Nevis in the West indies in March for the Group A matches in the World Cup.

Thank you. Now I have that out of my system you can go about your business.

BTFLCHLD 09-27-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re (Post 575877)
..and I can almost taste that sweet sunshine

I love your world...I find you fascinating. :nod:

catinthedark 09-28-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

i am so jealous. :o

it is about 10 degrees celsius here tonight; it will be all of FIVE degrees celsius when i get up to run tomorrow morning. i think i need to start living on the other side of the world six months a year.

carrie721 09-28-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catinthedark (Post 576365)
i am so jealous. :o

it is about 10 degrees celsius here tonight; it will be all of FIVE degrees celsius when i get up to run tomorrow morning. i think i need to start living on the other side of the world six months a year.

:nod: that's what it is here, too. can't wait for the snow to come next month! :rolleyes:

Für Elise 09-28-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

- to quote the 2nd most popular song by Zoo alumni Billy Thorpe.

And when Summer rolls around, a young man's thoughts inevitably turn to.....

Cricket!

Yes, I know, I'm the only person on this board who cares but a whit about cricket, but beiing alone on a subject never stopped me before.

This summer England are touring giving Australia the chance to regain The Ashes in Test cricket's oldest standing rivalry.

And then New Zealand join as the 3rd team in the One Day series. I prefer when the ODIs have 3 competitive sides instead of 2 and an easy-beat, sorry, "developing team".

And after that, it's off to St Kitts and Nevis in the West indies in March for the Group A matches in the World Cup.

Thank you. Now I have that out of my system you can go about your business.

I used to love cricket I still do really but it stopped being interesting to watch. Australia is too good, even if they lose a little it's just like they're teasing. We still haven't forgiven them for the Chappell brothers but that's our way of avoiding the fact that they're too bloody good. I can't wait for summer though.

Neb-Maat-Re 10-01-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 575881)
I love your world...I find you fascinating. :nod:

Oh, you need to get out more.

Neb-Maat-Re 10-01-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catinthedark (Post 576365)
i think i need to start living on the other side of the world six months a year.

Wouldn't that be lovely. Perpetual summer.

26 yesterday. Should be 26 again Wednesday. And it's only Spring!

Neb-Maat-Re 10-01-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Für Elise (Post 576385)
I used to love cricket I still do really but it stopped being interesting to watch. Australia is too good, even if they lose a little it's just like they're teasing.

Perhaps not that good - we lost the Ashes.

Quote:

We still haven't forgiven them for the Chappell brothers but that's our way of avoiding the fact that they're too bloody good. I can't wait for summer though.
Well, there's a lot of people who can't forgive us for the Chappell brothers, but you obviously mean "that" incident.

It's hard to believe that NZers still go on about that - it was 20 years ago, it was a stupid thing to do but it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the match if it hadn't been done.

BTFLCHLD 10-01-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re (Post 576885)
Oh, you need to get out more.

But then I'd never see you. :shrug:

HomerMcvie 10-01-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 576368)
:nod: that's what it is here, too. can't wait for the snow to come next month! :rolleyes:

BAH HUMBUG!:shocked: You can keep every flake of snow in Ohio, Carrie! The only thing I like about winter is that I sleep MUCH better. Other than that, I have no use for it!

irishgrl 10-01-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 576898)
BAH HUMBUG!:shocked: You can keep every flake of snow in Ohio, Carrie! The only thing I like about winter is that I sleep MUCH better. Other than that, I have no use for it!

Homie, I dont think she's looking forward to it either: note the rolling eyes smiley :shrug:

I myself like spring and fall best but I LOVE the fog whenever it comes :nod:

carrie721 10-01-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 576898)

surely you jest. i HATE snow! i like a little on thanksgiving and xmas for tradition's sake, but aside from that ... :shrug: note my eyeroll smiley, as irishgrl pointed out. :thumbsup:

HomerMcvie 10-02-2006 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 576912)
surely you jest. i HATE snow! i like a little on thanksgiving and xmas for tradition's sake, but aside from that ... :shrug: note my eyeroll smiley, as irishgrl pointed out. :thumbsup:

I was in a hurry, and missed the emoticon. My bad!
(I've had alot of work lately. Thankfully! That's why I was sooo rushed.)

carrie721 10-02-2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 576935)
I was in a hurry, and missed the emoticon. My bad!
(I've had alot of work lately. Thankfully! That's why I was sooo rushed.)

that's ok, i would just hate it if someone actually thought i liked that evil white stuff (sparky, keep your jokes to yourself ...). i'd rather my yard be dusted with anthrax. :D

HomerMcvie 10-02-2006 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 576936)
that's ok, i would just hate it if someone actually thought i liked that evil white stuff (sparky, keep your jokes to yourself ...). i'd rather my yard be dusted with anthrax. :D

So we ARE on the same page!!!
Back when, I didn't understand why old people go to FL for the winter. I'm smart enough now to understand.....WINTER SUCKS!

Why would anyone CHOOSE to be here, if you could afford otherwise?:confused: