The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Introduce Yourself Here! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47148)

Dex 10-26-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceface (Post 1108305)
Hello everyone! My name is Anastasia, but everyone calls me Stacy!

Welcome! :wavey:

moon 10-27-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceface (Post 1108305)
Hello everyone! My name is Anastasia, but everyone calls me Stacy!

Hi Stacy!!! Anastasia is a beautiful name too. Welcome to The Ledge!! :thumbsup:

BigLove 10-27-2013 10:42 AM

Swedish newbie
 
Hi everyone! :wavey:
I´m Malin, a somewhat on & off-fan since I first heard Big love (hence the nick) when I was about 13. I just loved the lyrics, the music and Lindsey´s magnetic eyes. Oh la la... not easy to resist for a teenage girl with daddy issues. ;)

I guess I´m more into Stevie´s solo songs than Lindseys, but both are very dear to me and I´m a sucker for their romantic & chaotic story. (Who isn´t?)

Hope to meet some nice people here and learn more about FM from you guys!
Feel free to ask me anything. :)

Dex 10-27-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigLove (Post 1108768)
Lindsey´s magnetic eyes. Oh la la... not easy to resist for a teenage girl with daddy issues. ;)

Oh my goodness. Iiii'm pretty sure we're going to be fantastic friends. :laugh:

Welcome! My family spent time in Sweden last year and by all accounts had a brilliant time. I'm gutted to have missed it but it's definitely a goal of mine to get up there one day.

Enjoy the place, Malin!

vivfox 10-27-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigLove (Post 1108768)
Hi everyone! :wavey:
I´m Malin, Feel free to ask me anything. :)

Welcome! How old are you now?

BigLove 10-27-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1108769)
Oh my goodness. Iiii'm pretty sure we're going to be fantastic friends. :laugh:

Welcome! My family spent time in Sweden last year and by all accounts had a brilliant time. I'm gutted to have missed it but it's definitely a goal of mine to get up there one day.

Enjoy the place, Malin!

Thanks! :)

:thumbsup:

BigLove 10-27-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1108770)
Welcome! How old are you now?

Thank you!
I´m 39 and it´s safe to say my daddy issues are resolved. ;)

MoonSister75 11-01-2013 06:51 AM

hello
 
I only just spotted this thread. I wish I'd seen this first rather than getting carried away with all the John McVie stuff (asking for posts to be removed etc :shocked:) I joined the Ledge a couple of weeks before the news about John, but I hadn't posted very much.

I'm a big FM and Stevie fan, but lately I've really been enjoying Lindsey's solo work too. I recently watched his concert at the Bass Performance Hall and loved every minute.

I came across the Ledge a couple of months ago when I was looking for more FM info. It helped me to solve all my little FM puzzles, and is an amazing source of info.

Well hello to everyone. I work at a wildlife centre on a Friday so I must get ready to go.

Natalie

moon 11-04-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1109626)
I only just spotted this thread. I wish I'd seen this first rather than getting carried away with all the John McVie stuff (asking for posts to be removed etc :shocked:) I joined the Ledge a couple of weeks before the news about John, but I hadn't posted very much.

I'm a big FM and Stevie fan, but lately I've really been enjoying Lindsey's solo work too. I recently watched his concert at the Bass Performance Hall and loved every minute.

I came across the Ledge a couple of months ago when I was looking for more FM info. It helped me to solve all my little FM puzzles, and is an amazing source of info.

Well hello to everyone. I work at a wildlife centre on a Friday so I must get ready to go.

Natalie

Hello Natalie, and Welcome!!! :wavey:

Hello Malin, and Welcome too!! :wavey:

MoonSister75 11-04-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1109899)
Hello Natalie, and Welcome!!! :wavey:

Hello Malin, and Welcome too!! :wavey:

Thank you moon :] nice to meet you!

Dex 11-04-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1109626)
I only just spotted this thread. I wish I'd seen this first rather than getting carried away with all the John McVie stuff (asking for posts to be removed etc :shocked:)

Natalie

:laugh:

Welcome Natalie. :)

MoonSister75 11-04-2013 11:42 AM

Thanks Dex - great to meet you too :wavey:

Dex 11-05-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1109916)
Thanks Dex - great to meet you too :wavey:

You live in West Wales and work at a wildlife centre... How many cool points can one person possibly rack up? Jeesh! ;)

MoonSister75 11-05-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1109986)
You live in West Wales and work at a wildlife centre... How many cool points can one person possibly rack up? Jeesh! ;)

Well everyone's definition of "cool" is different. When I moved here some people's reaction was "what the heck are you moving there for? There's nothing there!"

I like wild places and wildlife in general ;)

I saw a baby seal close up for the first time yesterday, it got temporarily stranded on my local beach. It was so cute and that was definitely a cool moment!

Dex 11-05-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1109989)
Well everyone's definition of "cool" is different. When I moved here some people's reaction was "what the heck are you moving there for? There's nothing there!"

I like wild places and wildlife in general ;)

I saw a baby seal close up for the first time yesterday, it got temporarily stranded on my local beach. It was so cute and that was definitely a cool moment!

Where do you come from originally? And do you have a village or region name I could use for googling purposes? I'm, a huge fan of Wales generally. Definitely the prettiest bit of the UK.

I'm not a huge animal enthusiast but for those that are I can't imagine a more rewarding and interesting job.

ETA: Just going to put a link to a related topic riiiiiight here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52077

Seasonsofmylife 11-12-2013 02:45 PM

Another new member! My name is Annefloor and I am from Amsterdam. Went to the concert on the 26th of October. Seeing Fleetwood Mac has been a big wish since I was about 12 years old ( I'm 29 now ). Now my wish is to see them again (and again, and...). Never considered myself as a big fan, although I have always loved their music, but since I saw them in concert the only music I'm playing is FM, SN and LB...

vivfox 11-12-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seasonsofmylife (Post 1110825)
Another new member! My name is Annefloor and I am from Amsterdam. Went to the concert on the 26th of October. Seeing Fleetwood Mac has been a big wish since I was about 12 years old ( I'm 29 now ). Now my wish is to see them again (and again, and...). Never considered myself as a big fan, although I have always loved their music, but since I saw them in concert the only music I'm playing is FM, SN and LB...

Welcome to The Ledge. I can tell by your username that you love the song Landslide.

Seasonsofmylife 11-13-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1110860)
Welcome to The Ledge. I can tell by your username that you love the song Landslide.

Thanks! Yes, I really love that song, always thought it was a little boring, but than I heard it during the concert and I fell in love with it. I think the lyrics are great and I love the seasons of my life metaphor.

Autumn Ocean 11-15-2013 09:32 PM

New member in Melbourne
 
Hello Ledgies. This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right! You can probably tell from my user name that I'm a Stevie man. I've loved her music since I was 14, though since then have come to love all eras of the Mac. I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions, having followed The Ledge for a while now. Any Ledgies in Melbourne, I'm new here and would love to meet other fans. Dion.

vivfox 11-15-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean (Post 1111137)
Hello Ledgies. Dion.

Welcome to The Ledge. We have something in common. My very first apt. was on Belmont Ave. This is your first post, Dion and The Belmonts. Get it??:lol:

Autumn Ocean 11-16-2013 07:01 PM

Thanks, Vivfox! Of all the name jokes I get, I like Dion and the Belmonts the best. Dionne Warwick is okay. Celine Dion... Not so much. She's a crime against my hearing.

vivfox 11-17-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean (Post 1111215)
Celine Dion... Not so much. She's a crime against my hearing.

She's a prime example of what you hear in Vegas should stay in Vegas.

Autumn Ocean 11-17-2013 02:03 AM

Agreed. The thought of Celine in Vegas made me picture her on stage with a troupe of scantily clad women, a la Showgirls. It did put a smile on my face.

golddustangel 12-01-2013 08:29 PM

Hola Ledgies! I've been a member on here for quite a few months now but I've literally on read threads so this is my very first post :shocked: Anyways, as you can probably tell by my username, I'm a bit of a (huge) Stevie fan... and I was lucky enough to see The Mac for the first time in Glasgow in October there (it was so amazing that I would've travelled all the way to London or Manchester to see it again, but a 16 year old's Fleetwood Mac budget can only stretch so far :lol: ) :D

louielouie2000 12-01-2013 11:56 PM

^Welcome to the Ledge! Many folks here are young like yourself... or we at least were when we joined/started following the band! :p Make yourself comfortable, and once again, welcome aboard!

moon 12-02-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean (Post 1111137)
Hello Ledgies. This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right! You can probably tell from my user name that I'm a Stevie man. I've loved her music since I was 14, though since then have come to love all eras of the Mac. I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions, having followed The Ledge for a while now. Any Ledgies in Melbourne, I'm new here and would love to meet other fans. Dion.

Hi, AutumnOcean!!! Welcome and enjoy, lot of regards to Melbourne!!


Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustangel (Post 1112838)
Hola Ledgies! I've been a member on here for quite a few months now but I've literally on read threads so this is my very first post :shocked: Anyways, as you can probably tell by my username, I'm a bit of a (huge) Stevie fan... and I was lucky enough to see The Mac for the first time in Glasgow in October there (it was so amazing that I would've travelled all the way to London or Manchester to see it again, but a 16 year old's Fleetwood Mac budget can only stretch so far :lol: ) :D

¡Hola golddustangel! Nice to read a spanish word, hehe. Welcome and enjoy!!!

lulu28 12-06-2013 06:37 AM

Hi Ledgies!! I'm Cyndi and this is my first post. I'm a huge Stevie and FM fan, and this is an awesome place for information!!

MoonSister75 12-09-2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulu28 (Post 1113293)
Hi Ledgies!! I'm Cyndi and this is my first post. I'm a huge Stevie and FM fan, and this is an awesome place for information!!

Hi Cyndi and Welcome :wavey: I agree with you, this is an amazing place for info :)

iamnotafraid 12-09-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulu28 (Post 1113293)
Hi Ledgies!! I'm Cyndi and this is my first post. I'm a huge Stevie and FM fan, and this is an awesome place for information!!

Hi Cyndi and welcome.

Do you know the name of Stevie and Lindsey's love child?
It's all here at the Ledge.

ChickenStu 01-11-2014 07:43 AM

Hi I'm ChickenStu. Sorry guys only just saw this thread.

I'm 36 next month and a huge fan of the Mac. I remember many songs from Tango In The Night from my childhood.

About three years ago I bought my first copy of Rumours on CD and realised that the hype it gets was 100% justified. I also bought the Greatest Hits that has the green cover with the flower on it.

Wanting more about a year ago I got Tango In The Night, Fleetwood Mac, Tusk and The Dance. Then shortly after I managed to get tickets to see them.
To celebrate I bought the new three disc version of Rumours and gave my old copy to a friend.

That was Feb 2013. Over the course of the following year I bought ALL the other studio albums by the Mac. Starting right back from the Peter Green days.

I downloaded Extended Play in May on the same day our family got a new cat! Everytime I hear "Sad Angel" I think of him! (I actually wanted to call him "Fleetwood" but the kids insisted on calling him Toto after another one of my favourite bands)

This is my Fleetwood Mac collection on CD

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
Mr Wonderful
Then Play On
Kiln House
Future Games
Bare Trees
Penguin
Mystery To Me
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Fleetwood Mac
Rumours
Tusk
Mirage
Tango In The Night
Greatest Hits
Behind The Mask
Time
The Dance
Say You Will
The Chain - 25 Years


On 27th September 2013 myself and my best friend Nick saw them live at the 02 Arena in Greenwich London. It was a truly amazing night and both of us really got a kick out of the gig.

I found this site through google since I just wanted to find someone to chat to the Mac about!

I've got two daughters who are 7 and 5. They love listening to the Mac too! They love singing along to "The Chain" which is probably my all time favourite tune by the Mac.

Other bands I'm into are Toto, Genesis, and Steely Dan. Nice to meet you all!

Dex 01-11-2014 09:32 AM

Welcome aboard ChickenStu! :) I've been enjoying your posts.

I also enjoy chicken stew, come to think of it... I'm a bit hungry now.

ChickenStu 01-11-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1116803)
Welcome aboard ChickenStu! :) I've been enjoying your posts.

Thanks dude! I see by your avatar that you're an Arrested Development fan, so that makes you OK in my book! Smashing through that on Netflix at the moment it's AWESOME!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1116803)
I also enjoy chicken stew, come to think of it... I'm a bit hungry now.

LMAO!!! Funnily enough we've got chicken tonight! Doing a stir-fry though, not a stew!

Dex 01-11-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenStu (Post 1116806)
Thanks dude! I see by your avatar that you're an Arrested Development fan, so that makes you OK in my book! Smashing through that on Netflix at the moment it's AWESOME!!!

http://www.toriforum.com/forums/publ...t/buttrock.gif

It really is rather spectacular, isn't it? Except for a particular story arc in season 3, but meh! The cleverly and elegantly assembled new season 4 redeems all sins, in my book. Glad you're enjoying it. :) How far along are you?

Quote:

LMAO!!! Funnily enough we've got chicken tonight! Doing a stir-fry though, not a stew!
Chicken stir fry is amazing too! I basically just really like chicken. On everything. Ever. Try not to be too intimidated by my worldly and sophisticated palette, though. I'm a human, just like you. ;)

ChickenStu 01-11-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1116807)
It really is rather spectacular, isn't it? Except for a particular story arc in season 3, but meh! The cleverly and elegantly assembled new season 4 redeems all sins, in my book. Glad you're enjoying it. :) How far along are you?

Literally just about to start season 2. I've heard that about season 3. Sound like they did a Twin Peaks on it and tried to get TOO clever. Oh well. Jason Bateman says or does something that makes me laugh in EVERY episode. That is ONE FUNNY guy.
Loved him in Paul aswell.

(However as a good Christian man I must repent for the impure thoughts I've had about Portia Del Rossi. I'm a bad, bad person. LMAO!!! )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1116807)
Chicken stir fry is amazing too! I basically just really like chicken. On everything. Ever. Try not to be too intimidated by my worldly and sophisticated palette, though. I'm a human, just like you. ;)

LOL. If you like chicken here's a little recipe. Something my Mum taught me.
Let's assume you're making this for four/five people.

Take five or six fairly well sized chicken breasts. Wrap them in a strip of bacon each and put in a casserole dish. Then chop up a fairly large onion. Peel about five or six potatoes and slice them into fairly generous slices. Throw the onion and potato on top of the chicken and potato you have in the casserole dish.

OK. Then make up some chicken stock using about three or four chicken oxo cubes. Add about three or four crushed cloves of garlic and mix that in. Pour this on top of what you have in the casserole dish.

Put a lid on the dish. Cook in the oven for 90 minutes on 180. When finished serve onto dishes. But here's the kicker: With the chicken stock remaining make a gravy. Thicker the better using chicken gravy granules. Pour that on top. Then you've got a healthy nutritious meal for all the family!!

If you love chicken then that meal is heaven. My kids LOVE it!

Dex 01-11-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenStu (Post 1116814)
Take five or six fairly well sized chicken breasts. Wrap them in a strip of bacon each and put in a casserole dish. Then chop up a fairly large onion. Peel about five or six potatoes and slice them into fairly generous slices. Throw the onion and potato on top of the chicken and potato you have in the casserole dish.

OK. Then make up some chicken stock using about three or four chicken oxo cubes. Add about three or four crushed cloves of garlic and mix that in. Pour this on top of what you have in the casserole dish.

Put a lid on the dish. Cook in the oven for 90 minutes on 180. When finished serve onto dishes. But here's the kicker: With the chicken stock remaining make a gravy. Thicker the better using chicken gravy granules. Pour that on top. Then you've got a healthy nutritious meal for all the family!!

If you love chicken then that meal is heaven. My kids LOVE it!

Thanks for the recipe! Will have to try it out when the husband is on a night shift (he was sadly born with absolutely no inclination towards chicken) ;) It sounds pretty fantastic.

ChickenStu 01-11-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1116815)
Thanks for the recipe! Will have to try it out when the husband is on a night shift (he was sadly born with absolutely no inclination towards chicken) ;) It sounds pretty fantastic.

Yeah, my wife isn't too keen on it. My step-son WILL eat it but he'll eat anything lol. My daughters LOVE it though. I warn you, it can be a bit on the salty side. Some people like that, some don't so it just depends on your constitution.

moon 01-11-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenStu (Post 1116801)
Hi I'm ChickenStu. Sorry guys only just saw this thread.

[...]

Other bands I'm into are Toto, Genesis, and Steely Dan. Nice to meet you all!

Hi, Chicken, welcome!!! :wavey:
Your CD collection is really amazing. You've got them all!!
Nice to read another fan of Genesis over here... :thumbsup:
Regards!
Mark.

ChickenStu 01-11-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1116823)
Hi, Chicken, welcome!!! :wavey:
Your CD collection is really amazing. You've got them all!!
Nice to read another fan of Genesis over here... :thumbsup:
Regards!
Mark.

Thanks bro! I got 25 Years - The Chain today and I'm currently obsessed with the song Make Me A Mask...

singertobe 01-18-2014 03:53 AM

My name is Leanna:wavey:
I turn 20 in exactly 2 weeks
I'm a music major and I want to be a famous singer

Dex 01-18-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1117816)
My name is Leanna:wavey:
I turn 20 in exactly 2 weeks
I'm a music major and I want to be a famous singer

Hi Leanna!

What type of voice are you, if I may be so nosy?

And good luck with the fame thing. I'm way too shy for that, m'self. Because, y'know, otherwise I'd totally be famous right now. :laugh: Damn that shyness! ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved