The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Songbird/Seven Wonders (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55102)

StevieNicksfann 03-30-2015 09:12 PM

Songbird/Seven Wonders

Any news on the fate of these two songs? I am hoping they return but regardless, can someone ask Mick at a meet and greet or let him know the fans miss these songs? :)

PenguinHead 03-31-2015 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann (Post 1163816)
I am hoping they return but regardless, can someone ask Mick at a meet and greet or let him know the fans miss these songs? :)

Is that a question?

It's matter of personal choice, but if I had a chance to meet Mick, I would not squander the brief moment with comment like that. It's a back handed complaint about a decision he didn't make.

jbrownsjr 03-31-2015 03:44 AM

How is asking about the setlist change a complaint?

MikeVielhaber 03-31-2015 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1163833)
How is asking about the setlist change a complaint?

Saying you miss the songs, implying you want them back, could be construed as a complaint. But on the other hand all they did was shrink their set so I think there's good reason for complaint and not because of the specific songs being cut.

ViscountViktor 03-31-2015 05:12 AM

They cut Seven Wonders because Stevie can't sing it anymore: it was getting quite painful to listen to in the last couple of shows.

Songbird, I can see that returning for Europe, Christine's hands probably just need a rest!

JohnL 03-31-2015 06:01 AM

I call BS...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1163836)
They cut Seven Wonders because Stevie can't sing it anymore: it was getting quite painful to listen to in the last couple of shows.

Songbird, I can see that returning for Europe, Christine's hands probably just need a rest!

I will tell you that Seven Wonders was AWESOME when I saw them in Tampa in December. She had no trouble belting out that song. I loved it.

MikeVielhaber 03-31-2015 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1163836)

Then they should replace it something she can sing. Is it so hard to have rehearsed some alternates?

lulu28 03-31-2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1163837)
I will tell you that Seven Wonders was AWESOME when I saw them in Tampa in December. She had no trouble belting out that song. I loved it.

It was great in Knoxville too. It sounds like she might have already been suffering from a sore throat that night, but she didn't have any problem with the song. We might have been the last ones to get to see her perform it on stage. I hope not!!! :(

The Highwayman 03-31-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1163837)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMP-uoPfoQ

Yeah, pretty good performance. Dunno how hard it was for her to sing it, though.

jbrownsjr 03-31-2015 09:16 AM

I saw it 3 times in LA and it was great! Thought she struggled with SOTM a bit.

michelej1 03-31-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1163825)

It's matter of personal choice, but if I had a chance to meet Mick, I would not squander the brief moment with comment like that. It's a back handed complaint about a decision he didn't make.

Seeing that the meet and greets cost $750 and up, I think Mick can stand to hear a complaint or two in exchange. Besides, if he responds with substantive information that might help fans understand and accept choices that have been made and give HIM insight into the fan response that can be a good thing. Michele

Gazz 03-31-2015 04:27 PM

Having been to a few Meet & Greets in the US, my opinion is that Mick would not mind that question at all. I assume any Ledgie would ask it in a respectful manner! If anyone gets the chance - please ask!

Macfan4life 03-31-2015 06:29 PM

I think Seven Wonders was cut to shorten the set. Stevie always does this every tour. I will NEVER forgive her for dropping Stop Dragging My Heart Around midway/late Enchanted Tour :eek:

I think Songbird was cut for a different reason. I saw Chris wearing a black glove during parts of the Miami show. Her hand may be hurt and playing a piano alone may be risky, may cause her pain, or could make her condition worse. I would not expect to see Songbird again until maybe she fully recovers. Carpal tunnel is a bitch. I suffered with it before. It actually never goes away but gets aggravated and comes back.

The Highwayman 03-31-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1163879)
I think Seven Wonders was cut to shorten the set. Stevie always does this every tour. I will NEVER forgive her for dropping Stop Dragging My Heart Around midway/late Enchanted Tour :eek:

I saw Stevie midway/late through Enchanted Tour (well, late July) and I didn't miss SDMHA one bit. I never liked it when she sang that with anyone other than Tom...well, Dave Grohl too I suppose. I mean, Waddy just can't sing.

Neal 03-31-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Highwayman (Post 1163881)
I saw Stevie midway/late through Enchanted Tour (well, late July) and I didn't miss SDMHA one bit. I never liked it when she sang that with anyone other than Tom...well, Dave Grohl too I suppose. I mean, Waddy just can't sing.

I saw a couple of Enchanted shows later in the tour, and Waddy wasn't there. It was Frank Sims (?). But now I'm curious as to who sang Tom's parts...

On topic - I think "Seven Wonders" has sounded great every time I've heard it on this tour; if she's struggling with anything, it's "SotM".

And I'd rather see them stop adding shows than cut songs from the existing dates. Get off the damn road and get into the studio already! :nod: