The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   All over again (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58911)

Villavic 04-19-2020 03:53 PM

All over again

I don't know if this has been discussed, since I don't follow this forum enough. I just read "All Over Again" (from Time album) was performed on the 2018 tour as a live duet between Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks.

Since the lyric mentions "Well it's it's time to move on to the rain. And finally break the chain", that could be the answer of "Who Expects This Band To Carry On After This Week?".

But then it says "In spite of the heartaches and troubles in love I'd do it all over. Do it all over again"

So... :confused: :shrug:

HomerMcvie 04-19-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1257356)

Since the lyric mentions "Well it's it's time to move on to the rain. And finally break the chain", that could be the answer of "Who Expects This Band To Carry On After This Week?".

But then it says "In spite of the heartaches and troubles in love I'd do it all over. Do it all over again"

Yeah, but age is a knockin'. Can Christine be 80, and still doing it?

I don't think there's much life left, after 2-3 more years(if that long).

SteveMacD 04-19-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1257356)
I don't know if this has been discussed, since I don't follow this forum enough. I just read "All Over Again" (from Time album) was performed on the 2018 tour as a live duet between Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks.

No. Christine said something along the lines that the meaning of the song is different today than when she wrote it, implying it’s now about putting the “Rumours” lineup behind them and entering a new phase.

I’m impressed Stevie knew the song. Can you imagine Lindsey agreeing to do anything from “Behind the Mask?”

Villavic 04-21-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1257359)
Can you imagine Lindsey agreeing to do anything from “Behind the Mask?”

Somewhere I read he was reluctant to play songs from the pre-Rumours albums, though some were included in the early tours with S&L. But it would have been nice to hear some Christine songs from that album.

Macfan4life 04-21-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1257359)
No. Christine said something along the lines that the meaning of the song is different today than when she wrote it, implying it’s now about putting the “Rumours” lineup behind them and entering a new phase.

I’m impressed Stevie knew the song. Can you imagine Lindsey agreeing to do anything from “Behind the Mask?”

You're joking right?
No way on earth that Stevie could name yet alone sing any song from Time LMAO

She knew the song because Chris picked it to practice and THEN Stevie learned the song.

McLamb 05-10-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1257400)
You're joking right?

She knew the song because Chris picked it to practice and THEN Stevie learned the song.

When I saw them in Tampa back in Feb. 2019 (in the front row, directly between Christine and Stevie), they talked about the song before singing it.

Christine said that she couldn't remember which album it was from. Stevie said that it was her idea to perform it. She'd heard it on the Fleetwood Mac channel, and thought it would make a good duet for her and Christine.

HomerMcvie 05-10-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLamb (Post 1257895)
When I saw them in Tampa back in Feb. 2019 (in the front row, directly between Christine and Stevie), they talked about the song before singing it. Stevie said that it was her idea to perform it. She'd heard it on the Fleetwood Mac channel, and thought it would make a good duet for her and Christine.

I'll bet she co-wrote it, too.

button-lip 05-10-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1257896)
I'll bet she co-wrote it, too.

Well, it was HER idea, so in her head she probably co-wrote it. Can you imagine Stevie not making everything about her? :angel:

HomerMcvie 05-10-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1257898)
Well, it was HER idea, so in her head she probably co-wrote it. Can you imagine Stevie not making everything about her? :angel:

$he probably did it with her witchcraft. I'm sure that she either wrote it, or it was written about her.

Who would dare have a thought that wasn't about her?:D

SteveMacD 05-10-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1257400)
You're joking right?

I don’t know how familiar Stevie is with the albums, but it was her idea to play the song, not Christine’s. I don’t know why that’s hard to believe. Stevie and Mick hung out and listened to old and obscure songs in Italy in 2017, and the 2018-19 tour, at least initially, followed a similar formula to her 2017 tour.

mitzo 05-10-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1257899)
$he probably did it with her witchcraft. I'm sure that she either wrote it, or it was written about her.

Who would dare have a thought that wasn't about her?:D

It was Lindsey who actually did most of the work on the song when Chris brought a sketchy idea to him. Oh wait...:shocked:

Macfan4life 05-12-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1257901)
I don’t know how familiar Stevie is with the albums, but it was her idea to play the song, not Christine’s. I don’t know why that’s hard to believe. Stevie and Mick hung out and listened to old and obscure songs in Italy in 2017, and the 2018-19 tour, at least initially, followed a similar formula to her 2017 tour.

You're still joking, right?
Stevie was asked to name her favorite Lindsey song in 1998 and could not even name one until the interviewer felt embarrassed for her and threw her a lifeline of the song Stephanie and guess what....Steive said that was her favorite Lindsey song after she could not name any. Then she took credit for the song because "names don't mean anything for Lindsey."
I would not be surprised that Stevie even knew Time existed let alone one of the obscure tracks. I don't believe she is sitting around listening to the Fleetwood Mac channel either. I don't believe Christine does not know which album it comes from either.
Each member of the band brought multiple songs to rehearse for the tour. This was one of them. For me to believe Stevie's story of her hearing it on the radio is as truthful as Stevie and Lindsey hugging on stage pretending to care deeply for eachother.
I don't believe either story. If so you would also have to believe Christine is dumb. Sorry I don't believe that either.
You seem to want to believe a woman who could not memorize the phrase "I want my MTV" and needed cue cards and multiple takes. But then again... she was born in the desert so she knows how it feels there. She either meant baby Jesus or Gulf War veterans. False comparison IMHO. This is also the woman that Joe Walsh stated thought the Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial (the one with cub scouts marching into Kentucky Fried Chicken was the latest Prince video at the Prince video premiere (Source: Joe Walsh Rockline 1990)

SteveMacD 05-12-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1257989)
Stevie was asked to name her favorite Lindsey song in 1998 and could not even name one until the interviewer felt embarrassed for her and threw her a lifeline of the song Stephanie and guess what....Steive said that was her favorite Lindsey song after she could not name any. Then she took credit for the song because "names don't mean anything for Lindsey."
I would not be surprised that Stevie even knew Time existed let alone one of the obscure tracks. I don't believe she is sitting around listening to the Fleetwood Mac channel either. I don't believe Christine does not know which album it comes from either.
Each member of the band brought multiple songs to rehearse for the tour. This was one of them. For me to believe Stevie's story of her hearing it on the radio is as truthful as Stevie and Lindsey hugging on stage pretending to care deeply for eachother.
I don't believe either story. If so you would also have to believe Christine is dumb. Sorry I don't believe that either.
You seem to believe a woman who could not memorize the phrase "I want my MTV" and needed cue cards and multiple takes for a poor job.

I believe that Stevie was firmly in the process of revisiting her backlog of songs, which begot 24KG, and then went through her back catalog for her 2017 tour. It’s not hard for me to see her carrying that line of thinking over to Fleetwood Mac.

Plus, there was this...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...future-110414/

Quote:

Are you thinking at all about the set list yet? Will it be very different than the last tour?

Yeah. I was in Italy recently and met Stevie out there. Actually, she was in Capri and I was close to there. She said to me, “Let’s sit down and really listen to some stuff that sort of almost got forgotten.” So I know she’s already thinking she wants to do some things we haven’t done in years.
When I read that, I thought it screamed they were going to revisit the earlier and obscure stuff, and that’s exactly what they did.

ETA: How hard is it to imagine Karen or whoever pulling up Fleetwood Mac on Spotify and Stevie making a note of which songs she liked? People don’t need to be well versed in a band’s catalog anymore to find deep cuts they like.

button-lip 05-12-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1257989)

Good Lord, why am I not surprised?

Quote:

We all know the "Black Magic Woman is a Santana song" story. That pretty much says it all. :lol::lol::rolleyes:

jbrownsjr 05-14-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1258011)
Good Lord, why am I not surprised?

We all know the "Black Magic Woman is a Santana song" story. That pretty much says it all. :lol::lol::rolleyes:

She can't even remember the lyrics to Dreams sometimes. :wavey: