The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2021 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59090)

BLY 11-08-2020 02:54 PM

So with Crowded House releasing a new song with a upcoming tour and album in 2021 isn’t time to announce it’s the end of Fleetwood Mac? I guess maybe the plan is if there are one of shows they can call in Finn and Campbell to play along. I feel pretty confident there will be no new album/music with this group and Lindsey isn’t returning to the band.

UnwindedDreams 11-08-2020 04:18 PM

I think that if there are big shows permitted in the US in 2021, they'll do a few one-offs.
I'd bet the new stadiums in LA and Vegas, maybe co-headlined with Eagles or headlining on their own with Miley opening. If the offers are there and timing is right, they could do a small, stadium run July/August. Also hitting the NFL fields of Jersey, Buffalo, Charlotte, Minne, St. Louis, and Atlanta. Just playing the FM catalogue with some of Neil's songs and TPHB stuff too.

I doubt there will be a new FM album. Stevie wants to make her own in 2021.

sleepless child 11-08-2020 05:09 PM

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if in 2022 we see the 5 back together again. You see Lindsey and Mick talking and Stevie not trash talking Lindsey. So it could be a possiblility. The big love fest/reunion tour.

BLY 11-08-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1261865)
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if in 2022 we see the 5 back together again. You see Lindsey and Mick talking and Stevie not trash talking Lindsey. So it could be a possiblility. The big love fest/reunion tour.

As much as I would love to see my band end on that high note I don’t see it happening. The live shows are done. 2022 they will all be in their mid/late 70’s.

jbrownsjr 11-09-2020 01:41 PM

I believe they FIRED LB because they planned on that being their last cash grab. Sure, there might be events here and there w/ Mike and Finn.

But, the chances of LB going near that lying egomaniac are slim. I know he has a good heart; but, I hope he enjoys his fame and skills to continue his solo career.

Would I get caught up in the excitement for the Classic 5? Sure, it's hard not to get excited. But, if he never speaks to them again, I'd understand and be content with that decision.

BuckVie II!! That would knock me over!

UnwindedDreams 11-09-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1261877)

But, the chances of LB going near that lying egomaniac are slim.

BuckVie II!! That would knock me over!

What about Nicks Buckingham? His last name could not be first again.

Stevie, Lindsey, Waddy, Brett Tuggle, Federico Pol, Jimmy Paxson?

jbrownsjr 11-09-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1261878)
What about Nicks Buckingham? His last name could not be first again.

Stevie, Lindsey, Waddy, Brett Tuggle, Federico Pol, Jimmy Paxson?

I just threw up in my mouth thinking of her nasal voice ruining BuckNicks songs.

UnwindedDreams 11-09-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1261879)
I just threw up in my mouth thinking of her nasal voice ruining BuckNicks songs.

Imagine if she did Don't Let Me Down Again with Neil?

The I Got You duet was like an assisted living talent show.

Villavic 11-09-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1261865)

With Fleetwood Mac you never know. But after Lindsey settled lawsuit with FM I thought there were no possibilities. However, Roger Waters had also a legal battle with Pink Floyd, I guess even more huge than this one. And PF had a brief reunion at Live 8. So I guess, if there's any reunion of those 5, probably it'll be similar. Just isolated shows. I don't see them in a tour again (and frankly my dears nowadays I don't give a damn about them reuniting again. i wouldn't go to any concert).

SteveMacD 11-11-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1261879)

Don’t Let Me Down Again, 2004

Without You, 2013

Crying In The Night, 2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1261880)
Imagine if she did Don't Let Me Down Again with Neil?

Like she did with Billy Burnette?

UnwindedDreams 11-11-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1261920)

Like she did with Billy Burnette?

Dumping the chum bucket in the sea :laugh:

David 11-13-2020 12:08 PM

I hope they’re all happy and healthy in 2021 and all their dreams come true. But, please, no art.

aleuzzi 11-15-2020 01:05 AM

Given covid-19, I don’t assume there will be any band activity from any incarnation. Here’s hoping, however, that Lindsey and Christine swap demos again across the pond....

HomerMcvie 11-15-2020 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1261986)
Given covid-19, I don’t assume there will be any band activity from any incarnation. Here’s hoping, however, that Lindsey and Christine swap demos again across the pond....

Well that's a god damned shame, since $tevie is wasting her last youthful years over this! :mad::mad::mad:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

UnwindedDreams 11-18-2020 09:08 PM

This Fleetwood Mac could do a Vegas show at Park MGM. They'd make Godly money by staying in one city. Do two hours of performing songs from the past and go eat caviar at a Michelin awarded restaurant.

Aerosmith, Gaga, Queen, Journey, and Def Leppard did Vegas runs.