The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Behind The Mask turns 31 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59206)

jbrownsjr 04-06-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1266100)
Her and Donald Fagin. Imagine!

Co written by McVie/Fagen

Christine McVie on piano, Donald on keys, Eric Clapton on guitar, Ferrone on drums, and Hawkins on bass. :blob1::blob2:

uhhhh I died.

moon 04-27-2021 11:55 PM

During the quarantine, one year ago, Behind The Mask and Time became my most listened albums. But I enjoyed them in a very different way, just to say that Time is better than BTM. Trust me! Haha :laugh:
There's really good songs, Love Is Dangerous, ITBOMM, Do You Know, Behind The Mask and, especially, When It Comes To Love. I really like this last one! I think it's a good one for the album, more if you think that Side 2 has not great songs...
The ending song is simply bad. Bad bad bad. I simply skip it, and trust me that it's rare for me to skip a FM song -except for some like Oh Daddy, Honey Hi, Beautiful Child, Storms...-.
Save Me and Skies The Limit are good, but I think they lost a lot putting them as the promotional songs of the album. The better job was inside!
Happy 31, Behind The Mask! :blob2: :blob2:

SteveMacD 10-20-2021 08:39 PM

Every song on BTM sounds like “All She Wants To Do Is Dance” which makes sense, since it’s the same producer.

bwboy 10-21-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1270285)
Every song on BTM sounds like “All She Wants To Do Is Dance” which makes sense, since it’s the same producer.

I don’t see that at all. Or hear it. Save Me and Skies the Limit are quintessential Fleetwood Mac, while Do You Know, As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, In the Back of My Mind, and Love is Dangerous showed fans where the new lineup was headed if they had continued. One album isn’t really enough to judge a new lineup completely, but the entire Behind the Mask album, plus Love Shines, Heart of Stone, and the 2 songs from the greatest hits album showed a lot of potential for this lineup- it just ended abruptly, so we’ll never know.

jbrownsjr 10-21-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1270312)
I don’t see that at all. Or hear it. Save Me and Skies the Limit are quintessential Fleetwood Mac, while Do You Know, As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, In the Back of My Mind, and Love is Dangerous showed fans where the new lineup was headed if they had continued. One album isn’t really enough to judge a new lineup completely, but the entire Behind the Mask album, plus Love Shines, Heart of Stone, and the 2 songs from the greatest hits album showed a lot of potential for this lineup- it just ended abruptly, so we’ll never know.

Agreed. I liked the BTM album and tour. It does sound dated in places, but it has a band sound. And like Macfan said, it has the rhythm section. Which I also loved the rhythm section on BuckVie, quintessential Fleetwood Mac. Sounded great.

Macfan4life 10-21-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1270285)

Wha wha wha what?
How do you hear any of that? If only.

BTM is a bluesy slow folksy rocker. The album could have used Don Henley in a few places.

HomerMcvie 10-21-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1270315)
BTM is a bluesy slow folksy rocker. The album could have used Don Henley in a few places.

Stevie has used him in at least one place. :lol:

jbrownsjr 10-21-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1270317)
Stevie has used him in at least one place. :lol:

God you ruin everything!!! :wavey:

Macfan4life 10-21-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270318)

I dare someone to do a mash up of Don's song and any song from BTM. It wont fit.

I mean...

All she wants to do is .........the second around for us. She never looked back. She wants to party. She wants to get down. All she wants to do is....second time around...for us :)

SteveMacD 10-21-2021 06:54 PM

Put it in place of Love Is Dangerous or Stand On The Rocks.

HomerMcvie 10-21-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270318)

I wonder who paid for the abortion? :woohoo:

DownOnRodeo 10-22-2021 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1270322)
Put it in place of Love Is Dangerous or Stand On The Rocks.

Stand On The Rocks somehow sounds less secure and inviting than Stand On The Rock. :thumbsup:

Macfan4life 10-22-2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1270327)
Stand On The Rocks somehow sounds less secure and inviting than Stand On The Rock. :thumbsup:

Especially if all she wants to do is dance dance dance :lol:

How come no one told me about this before. It sounds just like Stand on the Rocks :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng4SMEQn3LY

SteveMacD 10-22-2021 08:43 PM

I seriously don’t get how you can’t hear how the production aesthetic is nearly identical? Nearly identical effects on the drums, unnecessary and dated ancillary sounds, and even the same god awful overly thick lead slide guitar tone. You really don’t hear that?

Macfan4life 10-24-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1270347)
I seriously don’t get how you can’t hear how the production aesthetic is nearly identical? Nearly identical effects on the drums, unnecessary and dated ancillary sounds, and even the same god awful overly thick lead slide guitar tone. You really don’t hear that?

You may be on to something. When I bought the BTM cassette tape in 1990, I found myself driving with my eyes closed to the Sunset Grill to dance. I don't know how they knew I was a Yankee but threatened me not to come back.

Its all coming back to me now.