The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Favorite Chris song in BTM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59447)

Villavic 01-06-2022 10:05 AM

Favorite Chris song in BTM

Favorite Christine McVie song in Behind the Mask

jbrownsjr 01-06-2022 12:11 PM

Behind The Mask. I see why they chose this as the title track. The tune is just so off the beating path for her. As it also was for Fleetwood Mac. I often felt it's the cousin of Bad Loser (lyrically) . They sound more like a band on this album which I love. However, the production is a bit sketchy.

I've heard the demo's and thought she did such a fantastic job with this composition. She didn't need Lindsey, and yet he guests on it and I love his contribution as a guitarist. This is the one song I can handle with this producer. The mix really shows how the brits can gel. The vocal is beautiful. Mick gets honorable mention. Just fantastic percussion.

And les not forget Stevie's..."bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Macfan4life 01-06-2022 01:08 PM

I voted for Skies the Limit just to drive you people nuts since so many cant stand the way that its spelled :lol:

Picking a favorite Chris song from any album is really tough. Something about the beat of the track Behind The Mask loses me. Its a song that is good but missed its mark and its hard for me to put my finger on exactly why. I would have went even darker but heavier. I think the chorus is too weak for such a powerful song.

I like them all but I love Chris's playing on Skies and Save me. I could drown out all the rest of the music and vocals and just listen to her keyboard tracks

On Ice 01-06-2022 01:28 PM

Although Christine's hooks aren't as strong as her Tango output, she remains in top form on BTM, her voice is pristine Christine and her playing is out front again and amazing. I'm going with the title track because it is so dark and delicious and I agree a cousin to Bad Loser and precursor to the great but slightly weaker Sooner or Later 5 years down the road (with better production). If Keith Olsen had produced BTM we'd be talking about a much better album. Christine saves BTM from disaster.

SteveMacD 01-06-2022 03:25 PM

“Save Me” because it’s catchy and has a killer guitar solo.

Second favorite is easily “Do You Know.” Christine and Billy sounded amazing together.

HomerMcvie 01-06-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1271777)

Second favorite is easily “Do You Know.” Christine and Billy sounded amazing together.

I've always loved Do You Know. Such a great song. And you're right, their voices blend perfectly.

michelej1 01-07-2022 04:26 AM

I think Save Me is the better song, but I really love BTM I like a darker CM than usual.

jbrownsjr 01-07-2022 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1271777)

Do You Know is a really lovely song. I love it.

Mr Scarrott 01-07-2022 06:58 PM

Behind the Mask

Pretty much everything else on the album is embarrassing. There's quite a lot going on, Lindsey has a cameo on it, and it harks back to the MTM/HAHTF era, which someone else has alluded to.

HomerMcvie 01-08-2022 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1271811)
Behind the Mask

Pretty much everything else on the album is embarrassing. There's quite a lot going on, Lindsey has a cameo on it, and it harks back to the MTM/HAHTF era, which someone else has alluded to.

Agreed. There are some bright spots, but far more dim ones.

aleuzzi 01-08-2022 11:39 AM

I loathe BTM. It’s my least favorite Mac album, far worse in my opinion than TIME. But “Save Me” and the title track shine, even in their generic arrangements.

BLY 01-08-2022 03:44 PM

I can’t pick a “favorite” Christine McVie track I like them all. As a MAC fan some albums I like better than others but when this came out after Buck left it filled a void in my Mac music library. Loved the album and concert in 1990 and was a good year for all of them vocally. A good (short) chapter in Mac history. 😎

Jondalar 01-31-2022 12:20 AM

This album was awful.