The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unexpected FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43162)

TerraRhiannon 11-14-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 921480)
You have photographic proof!!!

I do! Yeup, I totally almost wrecked my car trying to take that picture with my phone! My brother was scared ****less. Oh well, I got the shot.

iamnotafraid 11-14-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 921484)
I do! Yeup, I totally almost wrecked my car trying to take that picture with my phone!

Off subject, but that picture of you and your greyhounds is one
of my favorites ever posted on the Ledge. And I'm not even a
dog person. It's just a great picture! Don't get the big
head though. Sometimes I can be mean, some say my heart
is two sizes too small. Kind of like that famous green person.

TerraRhiannon 11-14-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 921494)
Off subject, but that picture of you and your greyhounds is one
of my favorites ever posted on the Ledge. And I'm not even a
dog person. It's just a great picture! Don't get the big
head though. Sometimes I can be mean, some say my heart
is two sizes too small. Kind of like that famous green person.

Thank you! I like it too, it's my Grad picture, and it's the one I gave out to the most people.

Silver Springs 11-19-2010 02:22 PM

The Chain base riff is playing in the background of Children In Need.

skcin 11-19-2010 03:26 PM

I hear lots of SYW material in grocery stores, shoe stores, the mall. Don't necessarily think that's a good thing. :(

Silver Springs 11-19-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 922630)
I hear lots of SYW material in grocery stores, shoe stores, the mall. Don't necessarily think that's a good thing. :(

Could be much worse. In a hotel I stayed in in Nashville, they had "muzac-ed" Billy Joel and were playing the music in elevators.

MissLadyLoki 11-20-2010 11:13 AM

Last night, when I was in the American Eagle store in Times Square (I swear, it looked like daylight outside with those ads) killing time before I walked over to the theater I was gonna see Memphis in (excellent show BTW, that black girl's voice was phenomenal), I swore I heard Sara in there, or maybe I was imagining things :shrug:

MissLadyLoki 11-24-2010 03:14 PM

Got one from right now: over in the kitchen, my mom is watching one fo those dumb crime shows she's always watching (I think it was Cold Case Files, but I do enjoy 2 of 'em, namely NCIS and Psych) and Go Your Own Way was playing on the background in a flashback scene.

Dodfather 11-25-2010 05:49 AM

This one is SO random! I was out with friends for dinner in a pub here in Aberdeen, Scotland last weekend and Talk To Me was played! I don't know if you would know how very strange this is unless you're a UK based fan but Stevie's solo career gets NO attention over here at all, other than Edge of Seventeen, Rooms On Fire and (at a push) Stand Back. So to hear any solo track, not to mention one that I bet few non-Ledgies in the UK could name, is just bizarre! It was great though.

holidayroad 12-14-2010 08:59 AM

I heard 'Gypsy' at CVS yesterday!

tilthefirefades 12-14-2010 10:23 AM

Where I work you are sure to hear GDW at least once every day. Some days I even hear it 3 times in one shift! However, the other day I heard Big Love and Seven Wonders back to back :D

chelluversu 12-17-2010 11:33 AM

I was watching Irresistable (with Susan Saradon, Emily Blunt, and Sam Neilson), and during the party scene they played Little Lies. The only thing was it wasn't fleetwood mac singing it.

MacShadowsBall 12-17-2010 12:47 PM

On the Tonight Show during the commercial breaks, the band plays some songs. Well last night as they headed to commercial, I heard "Loving you isn't the right thing to do..." It figures that my first unexpected FM is a Lindsey song! :rolleyes:

MacShadowsBall 12-21-2010 09:30 PM

Another one!

Yesterday I was getting a sandwich at Subway, when faintly over the speakers I heard "Hold Me". Not my favorite song, but still nice to her some Mac while out and about! :nod:

Artemis 12-22-2010 12:32 PM

I was in TGI Fridays today with my mum, and they played Black Magic Woman. Very cool, and weird, to hear a pre-Buckingham-Nicks Fleetwood Mac song whilst out and about.