The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey Buckingham Plans Next Solo Album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49426)

elle 12-30-2011 12:31 PM

Lindsey Buckingham Plans Next Solo Album

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...-get-together/

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM PLANS NEXT SOLO ALBUM, HAS ‘NO IDEA’ WHEN FLEETWOOD MAC WILL RETURN

by: Matt Wardlaw 3 hours ago

Rob Loud, Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham has been on a productive tear in recent years, releasing three solo albums since 2006 including this year’s highly regarded ‘Seeds We Sow.’ Prior to 2006, there was a noticeable drought of solo material from the veteran singer-songwriter, whose last solo album ‘Out Of The Cradle’ had been been released in 1992.

A good amount of Buckingham’s solo silence had to do with his renewed activity with Fleetwood Mac, but after finding a break in that action, he’s certainly been making good use of his Mac downtime and he tells Classic Rock magazine that he’s already looking towards what’s next.

“I love what I’ve been able to achieve and I’m already thinking of another solo album.” As his recent output suggests, Buckingham is a big fan of striking while the iron is hot and while the time is there. “You’ve got to make the most of what you have.”

Echoing what he told us in an earlier interview, fans shouldn’t hold their breath for any definite activity in the Fleetwood Mac camp in 2012. Buckingham says that there’s been no time to schedule anything and “I have no idea when we’ll be able to get together and start thinking about the next album or tour,” emphasizing that “it might be a little while yet.”

But the light glimmers slightly as Buckingham allows that “I’d be surprised if we didn’t at least talk in 2012, although where that will lead who can tell?”

‘Seeds We Sow’ features Buckingham’s take on ‘She Smiled Sweetly’ by the Rolling Stones and Lindsey says that his favorite Stones period was when Brian Jones was in the group. “He brought so many different musical ideas and instruments into the band.”

His choice of ‘She Smiled Sweetly’ represents “all I love about the Stones at this time.” Found on the Stones’ ‘Between The Buttons’ album, which was released in 1967, Buckingham took great delight in the material. “They were moving away from their R&B roots and exploring psychedelic possibilities. It made them so exciting and for me this is when the band were at their best.”

Filed Under: Classic Hits, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham
Category: News

mezzoforte 12-30-2011 12:42 PM

Now, you just know that this new album will be interrupted by Fleetwood Mac. "I'd been working on a solo album..." will be the man's epitaph.

Silver Springs 12-30-2011 12:44 PM

And he'll use this new album as a distraction from committing himself to anything in the UK, naturally.

Nico 12-30-2011 12:49 PM

^ No, don't lose hope Bee!!! It was just a statement. Albeit I am thrilled as **** because more Lindsey only makes me a happier person. But still, I'm not celebrating this early. :)

beccamorrisfift 12-30-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezzoforte (Post 1033448)
Now, you just know that this new album will be interrupted by Fleetwood Mac. "I'd been working on a solo album..." will be the man's epitaph.

"...a solo album I'd been working on, still working on actually"

:laugh:

bluefox4000 12-30-2011 12:57 PM

Goodie.......Hoping for something better then..........THAT album.:rolleyes: I kid.:D

Seriously......that's great news:D hope something happens. not getting too hyped yet.

Mick

elle 12-30-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

:laugh:

the difference might be that now when he has his own label and has done it once he can keep churning them out however he wants - no WB to tell him what to do.

plus FM has no label now either right? i'd really like to see EP by FM around the end of the year, with DS producing (or co-producing).

Nico 12-30-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluefox4000 (Post 1033454)
Goodie.......Hoping for something better then..........THAT album.:rolleyes:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwwanoKGoW1qmjj4k.gif

bluefox4000 12-30-2011 01:51 PM

Nico bought the bait.......:xoxo:

I'm so mean.
aMick

holidayroad 12-30-2011 01:53 PM

When it comes to FM or any member of FM, I've learned to never count on anything! :laugh:

McTrouble 12-30-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 1033450)
^ No, don't lose hope Bee!!! It was just a statement. Albeit I am thrilled as **** because more Lindsey only makes me a happier person. But still, I'm not celebrating this early. :)

We already lost hope Nico! :distress:

But a new album might give us hope back - that he might bring a tour here to make up for the last cancellation!

mylittledemon 12-30-2011 04:40 PM

I'll be surprised if we get a Buckingham or a Fleetwood Mac album before 2013.

Lindsfan 12-30-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

:laugh: Good one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 1033460)

Also a good one!! You guys crack me up sometimes :D:D:D

SO, I'm bummed FM tour is so far out.
BUT, I'm thrilled to hear Linds is seriously considering yet another new album :blob1:
BUT, I hope that doesn't mean there won't be another leg to the tour for this album :shocked:
...because I'm still telling myself that there will be :thumbsup:

CADreaming 12-30-2011 06:33 PM

Someone clear the smoke, I can't see the mirror.

Nico 12-30-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1033530)
Someone clear the smoke, I can't see the mirror.

;) :laugh::lol:

Are we this cynical or is it just that we're such longtime fans and used to the "cycles?"