The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New album titled Lindsey Buckingham spring 2021 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58994)

elle 08-08-2020 12:28 PM

New album titled Lindsey Buckingham spring 2021

................. or whenever the pandemic subsides / life goes back to some normalcy and he can tour the new album.

he said it was supposed to be out already and he was supposed to be touring it right now, but now they don't have a release date set since it's so hard to know. and that probably in the spring.

he was very resolute that the title of the album is "Lindsey Buckingham."

many fans found that interesting when we talked after the webinar yesterday. a rebirth of an artist. it makes sense. i really hope there's a mixture of newer songs on it, and not just the ones he originally had in the can back in 2017 or whenever it was.

so what do people think? good and symbolic title? or just pure laziness? :laugh:

BLY 08-08-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1259286)
................. or whenever the pandemic subsides / life goes back to some normalcy and he can tour the new album.

he said it was supposed to be out already and he was supposed to be touring it right now, but now they don't have a release date set since it's so hard to know. and that probably in the spring.

he was very resolute that the title of the album is "Lindsey Buckingham."

many fans found that interesting when we talked after the webinar yesterday. a rebirth of an artist. it makes sense. i really hope there's a mixture of newer songs on it, and not just the ones he originally had in the can back in 2017 or whenever it was.

so what do people think? good and symbolic title? or just pure laziness? :laugh:

I’m cool with the title....I’m hoping for a double album. I also think it will be very Fleetwood Macish. He said it was more pop which is more his Fleetwood Mac side.��

David 08-08-2020 02:35 PM

The title is resonant. Luckily, his name is resonant (and not, say, Bob Loblaw). It reminds me of Mac's decision to call its 1975 album Fleetwood Mac so as to say "We are still here but we are also a new phenomenon." I think Lindsey wants to convey the same idea. He's a look-ahead guy.

Murrow 08-08-2020 03:12 PM

That's what I thought too. I think also it's kind of relaunching himself from a centre stage position (last time he did that was Out of the Cradle).

elle 08-09-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1259290)
The title is resonant. Luckily, his name is resonant (and not, say, Bob Loblaw). It reminds me of Mac's decision to call its 1975 album Fleetwood Mac so as to say "We are still here but we are also a new phenomenon." I think Lindsey wants to convey the same idea. He's a look-ahead guy.

that's beautifully stated as usual, David. :nod:

so since it seems clear album is done and ready to go, he should throw out some teasers as other bands that are waiting to release till this all blows over. The Killers album is now pushed back all the way to January 2021. but they released Caution in late spring, and at least 2 more songs since.

so why not release some teasers? a song of it maybe?

UnwindedDreams 08-09-2020 02:55 PM

I think and feel he titled it his name because the material will offer the sound of who Lindsey is and what brought him to this point. I'm thinking we'll be treated to the prime classic touches of Lindsey with maybe modern flavor as well.

I'd bet the plastic wrapping will have a sticker on it that says "Formerly of Fleetwood Mac" to grab the eye of shoppers in a Barnes and Noble; Linds has no control over that. I don't agree with it because when a lot of people hear Go Your Own Way, I think they know it's not a lady singing the lead vocals:laugh:

However, I think it's a beautiful thing for Linds to have chosen this name for his album.

UnwindedDreams 08-10-2020 09:47 AM

There are those who say no one cares about who Lindsey Buckingham is and those who believe he should've been fired.
The guy still makes news, written by a renowned RS journalist: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mpression=true

HomerMcvie 08-10-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1259318)

However, I think it's a beautiful thing for Linds to have chosen this name for his album.

I've never heard anyone call him Linds. Did you issue your own personal license for usage?:)

UnwindedDreams 08-10-2020 10:42 AM

I heard Stevie call him that.

HomerMcvie 08-10-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1259332)
I heard Stevie call him that.

Well that explains it!:p:cool:

michelej1 08-10-2020 12:56 PM

I call him Linds in my head.

bombaysaffires 08-10-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259331)
I've never heard anyone call him Linds. Did you issue your own personal license for usage?:)

Stevie calls him that a lot in person; I've heard others around them say it at times to, though I'm not sure any of them have said it when talking about him to others, or put it in writing.

vivfox 08-10-2020 09:00 PM

I don't think he should wait. I think he should just release it and continue performing for his fan base from his music room. There will be no magic pill stopping this virus in 2021. It will still be too soon for audiences to gather together in crowds for concerts, IMO.

elle 08-10-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1259329)
There are those who say no one cares about who Lindsey Buckingham is and those who believe he should've been fired.
The guy still makes news, written by a renowned RS journalist: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mpression=true

lol yeah they must have taken a weekend off, but today all of the sudden, iheart radio, google news, RS magazine, NME and all others all of the sudden exploded with the news of LB singing publicly for the first time. :thumbsup:

jbrownsjr 08-11-2020 12:51 PM

I love the title and the concept behind calling it "Lindsey Buckingham"