The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   More From Mick (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59284)

jbrownsjr 06-23-2021 11:59 AM

More From Mick

https://www.music-news.com/news/UK/1...XGo07yl5Em45d4

jbrownsjr 06-23-2021 12:07 PM

Or basically the same... :sorry:

David 06-23-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

I would love that, no matter what unbridged feels there are that aren't healed for all their own personal reasons.
Do you think he means Stevie specifically? I do. Why the turnabout in Mick and why so soon and suddenly?

bombaysaffires 06-23-2021 02:07 PM

I think he means between him and Lindsey.

Mick Fleetwood wants Lindsey Buckingham reunion

Mick Fleetwood wants to get back on stage with Lindsey Buckingham before they "knock it all on the head".

The 73-year-old music icon - who co-founded ‘Chain’ hitmakers Fleetwood Mac - has admitted despite firing Lindsey three years ago, he hopes they can "make music" again after reconciling earlier this year.

Speaking to Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt on the 'Rockonteurs' podcast, he said: "The thought of walking on stage and Lindsey being part of that would be very healing.

"That's not saying goodbye to Mike or Neil, we don't behave like that, but something connective.

"I believe that me and Lindsey will make some music together like he did with Christine, and I would love that, no matter what unbridged feels there are that aren't healed for all their own personal reasons.

"I would hope to be the instigator of making all that happen before we knock it all on the head."

Mick’s comments come after he revealed earlier this year he has reconciled with his former bandmate, who was fired by the band in 2018 when Mick insisted the guitarist would never be allowed to rejoin the band.

Admitting the pair had put the past behind them, Mick said: “I’ve really enjoyed being re-connected with Lindsey, which has been gracious and open. And both of us have been beautifully honest about who we are and how we got to where we were.”

Meanwhile, now Mick has also paid tribute to co-founder Peter Green as he opened up on the origins of the band's name.

He said: "It was Peter's band, he could have called the band whatever he liked, the Gunslingers or whatever, he was such a presence it didn't matter what it was called."

He added: "We played together in a studio Decca had given us, it was just me, John (McVie) and Peter.

"We played three tracks, one was an instrumental and they said what are you going to call it, and Peter said '... we'll call it Fleetwood Mac because John and Mick are in her'.

"It was just a rough thing to put on the tape box and that's how the name came about."

'Rockonteurs' with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt is available every Sunday from http://lnk.to/Rockonteurs.

Villavic 06-23-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1267901)
"I believe that me and Lindsey will make some music together like he did with Christine, and I would love that, no matter what unbridged feels there are that aren't healed for all their own personal reasons.

Like he did with Christine? That's the most absurd thing I've read recently. How many songs would Mick write? :laugh: He is a drummer, so making music together would be Mick playing drums for a new Lindsey solo album. And according to the time frequency that Lindsey has to release albums, those tracks could be in the vault for a long period, or finally used for a new FM adventure (what lineup? I don't wanna imagine).

Villavic 06-23-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

"That's not saying goodbye to Mike or Neil, we don't behave like that, but something connective.

I thought lies like that were heard just in political campaigns :laugh:

Macfan4life 06-23-2021 03:45 PM

Come on now. Everyone is smarter than this. Mick does or says NOTHING without the boss's approval. Last year when Mick was asked if Lindsey would ever play with the Mac again, it was a firm NO. Now he is pretty much inviting Lindsey back. It's clear the boss has regrets of some sort and feels Lindsey has suffered enough. They will be smiling and holding hands soon. Just watch. Now that Lindsey may be single, wouldn't be great if they actually were a couple again :lol: How many tickets would it sell?

David 06-23-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1267905)
Now that Lindsey may be single, wouldn't be great if they actually were a couple again :lol: How many tickets would it sell?

Sad to say, would probably sell a lot of tickets.

But I think that he and Christine ought to hook up. They would make a far more interesting couple because they click in conversation, enjoy recording and writing, and have a little sexual sizzle between them. Even their (admittedly rare) disagreements are more interesting than all the repetitive and infantile crap that flies back and forth between Buckingham and Nicks the past forty years. Buckingham McVie could be the new 70-something power couple in pop, the new sophisticated comedy gem in the pages of Rolling Stone, the new Lunt and Fontanne of Beverly Hills.

bombaysaffires 06-23-2021 05:48 PM

"And both of us have been beautifully honest about who we are and how we got to where we were.”

now THIS is totally saying, "Stevie"

One admitting he can't piss her off, and the other saying no matter what he does he can't NOT end up pissing her off.

jbrownsjr 06-23-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1267909)
"And both of us have been beautifully honest about who we are and how we got to where we were.”

now THIS is totally saying, "Stevie"

One admitting he can't piss her off, and the other saying no matter what he does he can't NOT end up pissing her off.

That's exactly right. Subtext: We got here because of that narcissistic person in our band that throws her weight around like a pimp.

UnwindedDreams 06-23-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1267910)
That's exactly right. Subtext: We got here because of that narcissistic person in our band that throws her weight around like a pimp.

Mick on call with LB: "Lindsey, why didn't you just eat s*** and just kiss her a** to keep your job?"

HomerMcvie 06-23-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

"That's not saying goodbye to Mike or Neil, we don't behave like that,

Yeah Mick, tell that to Billy, Rick, Bekka, Dave Mason, Dave Walker, and Bob Weston.

What a douche canoe!

Storms123 06-23-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1267915)
Yeah Mick, tell that to Billy, Rick, Bekka, Dave Mason, Dave Walker, and Bob Weston.

What a douche canoe!

AND Lindsey!! Remember, "Firing is such an ugly word" Stevie is either getting ready to castrate Mick right now, or he really is her mouthpiece.

HomerMcvie 06-23-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1267916)
AND Lindsey!! Remember, "Firing is such an ugly word" Stevie is either getting ready to castrate Mick right now, or he really is her mouthpiece.

A bunch of LIARS, spewing their putrid sh*t.

bombaysaffires 06-23-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1267898)
Do you think he means Stevie specifically? I do. Why the turnabout in Mick and why so soon and suddenly?

you know, reading that line about unbridged feels now again, I dunno.... he could have been referencing the personal sh&t between Stevie and LB, and saying regardless of her/their unresolved issues, he's reconciled with LB....
but this is FM and who the feck knows.