The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What are you listening to right now? ....part 76 err..3 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16513)

dissention 01-12-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Well, now that I'm looking at those girls and Deb again, I have to agree that they are smaller than Deb was at that time. But I get so defensive because I'm about the same size as those chicks, and none of us are....uh...Carmen Electra (first example that came into my head). I can't understand why people prefer that look. Of course, I am a weird lesbian and we have weird tastes sometimes, I must admit. At any rate, I don't think Deb looked really unhealthy. I've been attracted to quite a few women who were bigger than me (think Stevie circa 1993 :nod: )

Anyway, I do agree with diss and whoever else said that the outfit she was wearing was awful and wrong for her.

Carmen Electra's nasty, so you should feel lucky, dear. :laugh:

ryan8472 01-12-2005 08:03 PM

Franz - 40'

And That 70's Show in the background

GypsySorcerer 01-12-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
Carmen Electra's nasty, so you should feel lucky, dear. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: She is disgusting.

GypsySorcerer 01-12-2005 09:27 PM

Quote:

Well, now that I'm looking at those girls and Deb again, I have to agree that they are smaller than Deb was at that time. But I get so defensive because I'm about the same size as those chicks, and none of us are....uh...Carmen Electra (first example that came into my head). I can't understand why people prefer that look. Of course, I am a weird lesbian and we have weird tastes sometimes, I must admit. At any rate, I don't think Deb looked really unhealthy. I've been attracted to quite a few women who were bigger than me (think Stevie circa 1993 :nod: )

Anyway, I do agree with diss and whoever else said that the outfit she was wearing was awful and wrong for her.

I study media effects a lot, and I have seen Lane Bryant ads where they feature size two models. :confused: Talk about sending a bad message.

StevieNicksEO17 01-12-2005 10:00 PM

I think posting on what song you're listening to has died :(

Oh well man...I still am :)

Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty

golden braid 01-12-2005 10:01 PM

System of a Down - Spiders

amber 01-12-2005 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
I think posting on what song you're listening to has died :(

Oh well man...I still am :)

Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty

rock!
yeah, it's called the Diss and Ryan thread, now... :D

½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ® 01-12-2005 10:18 PM

Nothing wrong with that picture. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. :]

Faith Hill “Breathe”

GateandGarden 01-12-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I study media effects a lot, and I have seen Lane Bryant ads where they feature size two models. :confused: Talk about sending a bad message.

Really? Man, that's bad. I've only been paying a lot of attention for the past year and a half or so, but the smallest person I've noticed in an ad would probably fit into a twelve (which is still smaller than what the store sells, but not much smaller, so...). But two? That's ridiculous. Sending a bad message, as you said.

Now playing: "Every Day" (live on Letterman, 2001)

ontheEdgeof17 01-12-2005 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
rock!
yeah, it's called the Diss and Ryan thread, now... :D

Speaking of couples, I wonder how Stew is doing? :shrug: :o :xoxo:

amber 01-12-2005 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Speaking of couples, I wonder how Stew is doing? :shrug: :o :xoxo:

:laugh: :laugh:
I dunno? laying low? :D

dissention 01-12-2005 11:30 PM

Quote:

Really? Man, that's bad. I've only been paying a lot of attention for the past year and a half or so, but the smallest person I've noticed in an ad would probably fit into a twelve (which is still smaller than what the store sells, but not much smaller, so...). But two? That's ridiculous. Sending a bad message, as you said.

Now playing: "Every Day" (live on Letterman, 2001)

Camryn Manheim did some modeling for Bryant about four years ago. Did some really good stuff, too. But I <333333333 Camryn Manehim, so I'm biased. :laugh:

There's a big controversy over Lane Bryant and a few other plus-size companies and the models that they choose to employ. A lot of times they hire thin women who are wearing padding. That is just wrong.

estranged4life 01-12-2005 11:54 PM

Currently...

Nightline on ABC about Homosexuality, Bigotry & Acceptance in the Heartland (Sand Springs, OK to be exact...) and a Washington Post article by Ann Hull about a young gay Oklahoman named Michael Shackelford...

Let's say I am embarrassed by the way Michael was treated by some of my fellow Oklahomans :(

Nightline did show one good thing about some in Sand Springs though, And that when Rev.Phelps brought his hatefilled/predjudiced/blind sheep congregation from Topeka Kansas to protest against Michael Shackelford that most Oklahomans told Phelps & co. to go back where they came from cause "God loves ALL people"!

GateandGarden 01-13-2005 12:17 AM

Quote:

Camryn Manheim did some modeling for Bryant about four years ago. Did some really good stuff, too. But I <333333333 Camryn Manehim, so I'm biased. :laugh:

She's pretty! And she is a lot bigger than many of the models they use currently. Maybe all the models they're currently using. This makes me suspicious. Something's not quite right. This doesn't always happen, but sometimes it seems that the models (not just for Lane Bryant but other companies as well) are either size two or Camryn's size. Sometimes it seems there is no inbetween.

Quote:

There's a big controversy over Lane Bryant and a few other plus-size companies and the models that they choose to employ. A lot of times they hire thin women who are wearing padding. That is just wrong.

Oh man. The more y'all tell me the worse I feel about them. That sucks.

GypsySorcerer 01-13-2005 12:22 AM

Quote:

Oh man. The more y'all tell me the worse I feel about them. That sucks.

Advertising is one of my soapboxes. I can carry on for hours, and have to a few pour souls. :o :laugh: