The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What's Christine Doing Now? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45988)

aprilsrain 02-28-2011 01:32 PM

What's Christine Doing Now?

I know we had her solo album a few years back, which I'll be honest I've only listened to about 1/2 a time. Is she pretty much done with music these days?

ButterCookie 02-28-2011 01:35 PM

I think so, personally. I also think most people on this part of the board agree?

She deserves to be. I'm glad she left FM while she still had her dignity and she deserves to be relaxing like she is now :)

aprilsrain 02-28-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 946579)
I think so, personally. I also think most people on this part of the board agree?

She deserves to be. I'm glad she left FM while she still had her dignity and she deserves to be relaxing like she is now :)

Probably a smart move. Guess if that's all there is going on it explains why this side of the board is pretty quiet.

louielouie2000 02-28-2011 01:46 PM

I'd have to guess she still at least noodles around with her piano and lyrics at home. She's converted one of the barns on her estate into a recording studio... I'm betting we'll get another album from her at some point. It's anyone's guess how long that'll take. I'm quite certain we'll never see her perform live again, though.

SuperFleetwood 02-28-2011 04:41 PM

if she does perform live, she will only do it in arena's in europe, i doubt that she will step foot in the states and perform, and even if she did that then probably maybe 2-5 shows. thoose shows will be booked really fast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 946589)
I'd have to guess she still at least noodles around with her piano and lyrics at home. She's converted one of the barns on her estate into a recording studio... I'm betting we'll get another album from her at some point. It's anyone's guess how long that'll take. I'm quite certain we'll never see her perform live again, though.

ButterCookie 02-28-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood (Post 946662)
if she does perform live, she will only do it in arena's in europe, i doubt that she will step foot in the states and perform, and even if she did that then probably maybe 2-5 shows. thoose shows will be booked really fast!

I think it's safe to accept, like Louie said, she'll never perform live again. She's had stage fright from day 1, she's too intelligent to put herself through that again and with no one (like Stevie) relying on her, there's no need for her to.

Silver Springs 02-28-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood (Post 946662)

I don't see her performing in Arenas ever again. She's an old(er) lady now and she deserves a rest. She doesn't need the taxing stress of a performance that big. I think music deserves to be a private love of hers now where it's been so public for so long. But maybe she records things at her home for her fancy as Lindsey does.

SuperFleetwood 02-28-2011 04:47 PM

i was just saying if she did! i agree!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 946665)
I don't see her performing in Arenas ever again. She's an old(er) lady now and she deserves a rest. She doesn't need the taxing stress of a performance that big. I think music deserves to be a private love of hers now where it's been so public for so long. But maybe she records things at her home for her fancy as Lindsey does.

louielouie2000 02-28-2011 05:33 PM

If she were ever to do any sort of live shows again, it'd have to be a short stint at a London theatre/hall/etc. I don't think she'd ever perform anywhere where she couldn't be in her bed the same night. But like Georgie said, I think she's done. She hated touring and performing since day 1. Don't believe me? Listen to the 1971 Fleetwood Mac song Homeward Bound. That's probably why she was perma-drunk for decades... to blunt that anxiety. She's nearly 70 now... it's safe to say she's done having to put up with that :).

David 02-28-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 946589)
I'd have to guess she still at least noodles around with her piano and lyrics at home.

Oh, undoubtedly. For a musician--whether by vocation or avocation--that never ends (except in extreme circumstances like decapitation). Her music is still as enjoyable to her as it ever was (the enjoyment of listening, the enjoyment of singing, & the tactile enjoyment of putting your fingers on a piano), but it's now wrapped up in her private life.

Maybe some old friend of hers--Steve Winwood or Eric Clapton--will convince her to put some piano or vocal on one of their future projects, but she isn't gonna lead the charge anymore.

Gailh 03-01-2011 02:41 PM

She wont ever tour again.

I'd like to think she might add something to a future Fleetwood mac album but not full participation.

She's retired - good on her!

Gail

jbrownsjr 03-01-2011 07:31 PM

tour = never
perform live= never
guest on an album = probably
another solo record = slight chance
retire in England and live happily ever after = yes:lol:

HomerMcvie 03-01-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 947019)
retire in England and live happily ever after = yes:lol:

And good for her! Of course I wish she was still in the band, but ultimately, I want her to be happy.

jbrownsjr 03-02-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 947034)
And good for her! Of course I wish she was still in the band, but ultimately, I want her to be happy.

what band... they've toured twice and put out once album in the last decade...

oh and a rumours re-release that never came about

HomerMcvie 03-02-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 947108)
what band... they've toured twice and put out once album in the last decade...

oh and a rumours re-release that never came about

That's because a FM without CM, is like a day without sunshine. And I think they finally figured it out. They need at least someone, to balance it out. Of course I've said it before, but why not bring Bob Welch back, and let him be the backing guitarist, and do 4-5 songs!

RE-releasing it, again, would have been idiotic, IMO.