The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Brett Tuggle hospitalized missed tour opener (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59513)

Nicks Fan 04-06-2022 09:12 AM

Brett Tuggle hospitalized missed tour opener

It’s being reported that Lindsey came out and said Brett was hospitalized and wouldn’t be appearing with them. There was no replacement on stage. They did the show without him. I hope he’s ok. I haven’t found a set list yet.

elle 04-06-2022 09:33 AM

some videos from yesterday's opening night of 2022 in San Francisco:

HomerMcvie 04-06-2022 10:22 AM

Sending positive thoughts and energy for Brett's speedy recovery.

Macfan4life 04-06-2022 11:24 AM

OMG So sorry to hear this. Any word what happened?

elle 04-06-2022 12:04 PM

setlist originally had "unknown" between I Must Go and Doing What I Can, but that's gone now - there were some hints that Countdown might be played on this leg, but hard to tell whether that did not happen because of Brett's absence during the opener, or just not going to happen either way.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linds...-23b6a423.html

Countdown is not my favorite, unlike for many others, but it would definitely be a hugely welcome addition to the set.

if you watch that Encore vid i posted above, Lindsey is doing band intros and mentions Brett and says he hopes he will be back for the next show.

sending all the healing good wishes to Brett! :nod: :nod:

elle 04-07-2022 09:40 PM

people at VIP Soundcheck say no Brett today either. :distress:

UnwindedDreams 04-07-2022 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1273848)
people at VIP Soundcheck say no Brett today either. :distress:

Oh my goodness. This is really sad.

Maybe Fed could help while Brett gets back to full health?

elle 04-10-2022 04:08 PM

bunch of vids in the thread which starts with this tweet, and video clips include IOOT, Stars, Tusk, GYOW, SHN, On The Wrong Side etc -

bombaysaffires 04-10-2022 10:27 PM

whoa, is that a wardrobe change on LB I see??

has he been wearing the grayish shirt/jacket combo all tour or is this new?

Where's the stretched out dark or white V-neck tee??

elle 04-11-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1273899)
whoa, is that a wardrobe change on LB I see??

has he been wearing the grayish shirt/jacket combo all tour or is this new?

Where's the stretched out dark or white V-neck tee??

nah still black it's just lighting. wish he changed to light gray!

here is last night in Seattle -

SteveMacD 04-11-2022 10:42 PM

So, any news on Brett?

DownOnRodeo 04-12-2022 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1273908)
here is last night in Seattle -

The Seattle marquee certainly makes more sense than the Spokane one. :laugh:

Poor Brett. Someone needs to break into Stevie's turret/eyrie and remove the miniature voodoo dolls of Lindsey, Brett, and whichever other brave souls have dared talk back to her in recent years.

HomerMcvie 04-12-2022 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1273931)

Poor Brett. Someone needs to break into Stevie's turret/eyrie and remove the miniature voodoo dolls of Lindsey, Brett, and whichever other brave souls have dared talk back to her in recent years.

Imagine the curse she put on Billy Bass, after he dared to speak to her.

Macfan4life 04-12-2022 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1273932)
Imagine the curse she put on Billy Bass, after he dared to speak to her.

Kind of woman that will haunt you

UnwindedDreams 04-13-2022 02:06 AM

Surprising to see the shows going forward without Brett.

Seeds We Sow UK Tour was called off because Neale had to get surgery.

bombaysaffires 04-13-2022 02:10 PM

The Neptune is a small venue (800 seats) ... hoping that's more because we're still in the world of COVID and promoters etc may be factoring in that any number of people still won't come out to group indoor events.

He usually plays the Moore (1800) and I'd love to see him at the Paramount (2800) one time but.....:shrug:

kenzo 04-13-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1273952)
The Neptune is a small venue (800 seats) ... hoping that's more because we're still in the world of COVID and promoters etc may be factoring in that any number of people still won't come out to group indoor events.

He usually plays the Moore (1800) and I'd love to see him at the Paramount (2800) one time but.....:shrug:

I must be missing something (not unusual...) How does that relate to Brett's absence?

elle 04-13-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenzo (Post 1273954)
I must be missing something (not unusual...) How does that relate to Brett's absence?

we have been using this thread to discuss the ongoing shows.

UnwindedDreams 04-13-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1273952)

I think Seattle show was sold out. But I think the booking at Neptune was due to the level of demand. And that being not a high one.

He played Boulder, Colorado in December which was about 1,000. Then they booked him for the larger theater, Paramount, in Denver for April; I'm guessing because Boulder sold out quickly.

Anyone going to Monterrey tonight?

SteveMacD 04-13-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1273947)
Surprising to see the shows going forward without Brett.

It's like the entire show's prerecorded and most of the "concert" is just a massive prop.

Lindsey would never do that, right?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/08...a17d371886.jpg

HomerMcvie 04-13-2022 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1273961)
It's like the entire show's prerecorded and most of the "concert" is just a massive prop.

Lindsey would never do that, right?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/08...a17d371886.jpg

I was thinking that, too.

Just unmute a couple more tracks...

UnwindedDreams 04-14-2022 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1273961)

Yea. Lindsey didn't even get a substitute for Brett. Or is a computer the substitute.

HomerMcvie 04-14-2022 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1273963)
Yea. Lindsey didn't even get a substitute for Brett. Or is a computer the substitute.

I'd guess all tracks are on the karaoke. You choose which ones you want to use.

This isn't directed at Lindsey, but this should be against the law(and order). Either play it for real, or stay home. SO CHEESY. Tusk Lindsey would have killed this Lindsey.

Macfan4life 04-14-2022 07:45 AM

I know its weird but its not just Lindsey. This is fairly the norm these days unless maybe you are AC DC or something.
The guy who sits far in the back in Lindsey shows sits right in front of this computer. Lord knows how much is pre-recorded. Lindsey is still live though. No faking with his guitar or lead vocals. The only fake vocals I saw was during Hold Me on the Buck/Vie tour. The "come on and" vocals were clearly fake.
Much of Lindsey's early solo work especially on Go Insane is computerized so I would think none of this should be a surprise. I never liked this computer stuff. My favorite Lindsey songs are him playing his guitar and rocking out. As he says, he is a painter and these pre-recorded tracks are just another layer to his performance ;)

SteveMacD 04-14-2022 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1273965)
Lindsey is still live though. No faking with his guitar or lead vocals.

Did you see “Surrender the Rain” in 2018?

Macfan4life 04-14-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1273966)
Did you see “Surrender the Rain” in 2018?

Yes. I was there front row and got to strum his guitar during GYOW. I cant remember watching closely for that exact song but it may not surprise me. However, I was suspicious and after BuckVie I kept a close eye on his singing and guitar playing. It seemed legit. But I cant comment on your specific song Surrender the rain. I assume you are saying the guitar playing was pre-recorded? Or vocals?

HomerMcvie 04-14-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1273967)
Yes. I was there front row and got to strum his guitar during GYOW. I cant remember watching closely for that exact song but it may not surprise me. However, I was suspicious and after BuckVie I kept a close eye on his singing and guitar playing. It seemed legit. But I cant comment on your specific song Surrender the rain. I assume you are saying the guitar playing was pre-recorded? Or vocals?

Steve posted video of it a couple years ago. Lindsey is CLEARLY not singing the part that we're hearing, and you can see that it's karaoke.

And yes, everybody does it now.

One of my favorite country groups, Diamond Rio, does it now, too. I saw them doing a medley, and the guitar player was playing licks, while he was off on the side of the stage, with his arms POINTING at people.

THERE SHOULD BE A DISCLAIMER ON ALL TICKETS - SOME OF THIS SHOW IS PRERECORDED.

elle 04-14-2022 12:26 PM

it's definitely interesting to see which parts are pre-recorded vs which parts are played live on each of the tours. i was suprised to see most of intricate guitar parts on Love is Here to Stay on BuckVie tour being pre-recorded. at that point (and that was when he was still in his 60s, and before the heart attack), i figured we will never get to see / hear him play those parts of LIHTS live. yet he brought this gorgeous song back last fall (to my utter delight!), and he actually played those intricate parts he didn't on BuckVie tour.

i'm looking forward to seeing some shows on this leg, and i'm so happy that the UK/EU leg will go on and all those fans who missed him when 2011 was cancelled will get to final see him live solo. :nod: :thumbsup:

also, i'm ecstatic that Michael Urbano is his drummer now - not only is he an amazing drummer with impressive cred and history, but he's obviously a fan of LB's music and just loving doing this tour. and from what i'm hearing audiences are loving him!

very sad about Brett and sending good, healing vibes his way. :nod:

i'm so grateful we still get to see these people and experience those highs of their shows. sure, there are so many songs that i would so love to hear him play, or at least noodle at the soundcheck and i probably never will. :distress::shrug: that is something that is way higher on my list than whether he uses background tracks same as so many out there these days. i mean, Lindsey has on stage and is introducing his computer guy as a band member. you don't have to be a genius to get that he's using backing tracks :lol: of course i'd love to see a track free show every now and then like we got in 92Y few years ago, and that we get when he now and then succumbs to fans and performs Rock Away Blind live. :nod::]

it's also interesting that Lindsey's performance while slowed down and dirge-y on NGBA, Trouble, and such, is amazing and energetic on his new tunes which are fantastic live. and On The Wrong Side is winning all kinds of polls and is extremely popular among fans, which has to be so satisfying that the completely new song is generating so much love and traction. :]:]

UnwindedDreams 04-14-2022 12:37 PM

I notice the acoustic guitar in GYOW is a sample or track now. I don't understand why he didn't get Fed Pol to come in, that way Neale didn't have to play bass. Maybe there wasn't enough in the tour budget to pay Fed?

bombaysaffires 04-14-2022 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1273972)
I notice the acoustic guitar in GYOW is a sample or track now. I don't understand why he didn't get Fed Pol to come in, that way Neale didn't have to play bass. Maybe there wasn't enough in the tour budget to pay Fed?

i'm betting this def has some role in the choices.

DownOnRodeo 04-14-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1273970)
Steve posted video of it a couple years ago. Lindsey is CLEARLY not singing the part that we're hearing, and you can see that it's karaoke.

Meh, just that high bridge part.
I was right under his nose for a full concert in 2018 and was honestly (though not literally) blown away by Lindsey's amazing, live vocals on every song throughout the night.

UnwindedDreams 04-15-2022 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1273975)
Meh, just that high bridge part.
I was right under his nose for a full concert in 2018 and was honestly (though not literally) blown away by Lindsey's amazing, live vocals on every song throughout the night.

On the current tour during Tusk, the "ayeees" and long "ahhh-ahhhs" are prerecorded vocals and the high "I'M on the wrong side" sounds like it's prerecorded too. But I think that's because his voice hasn't fully come back since his medical emergency.

HomerMcvie 04-15-2022 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1273977)
On the current tour during Tusk, the "ayeees" and long "ahhh-ahhhs" are prerecorded vocals and the high "I'M on the wrong side" sounds like it's prerecorded too. But I think that's because his voice hasn't fully come back since his medical emergency.

They, he, and the rest of the world were doing this before his heart attack.

BigAl84 04-15-2022 12:48 PM

Are they playing the show without the bass parts? or do they have the bass part programmed with some of the other fills?

UnwindedDreams 04-15-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1273983)
Are they playing the show without the bass parts? or do they have the bass part programmed with some of the other fills?

If you watch this video from 2 nights ago, you can hear the bass is programmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BmwFguSys

Neale plays bass on a few tunes too.

elle 04-15-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1273983)

there is mic on Brett's side that Neale moves to on several tunes (i've seen ISA recordings) and does bass parts. so some are probably pre-programmed and Neale fills others. i suspect the same with keyboards - Mike does some and others he plays samples.

one thing that i'm still wondering about - both LB's social media accts and Michael Urbano were teasing Countdown during rehearsals. i'm wondering whether that's now been completely scrapped (if it was ever an option), or we still have a chance to hear it.

and then of course, tunes like Rodeo, RAB, and Walk A Thin Line, Lindsey can easily do acoustically without the band so would be nice to get them on some of the dates!

UnwindedDreams 04-16-2022 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1273985)
one thing that i'm still wondering about - both LB's social media accts and Michael Urbano were teasing Countdown during rehearsals. i'm wondering whether that's now been completely scrapped (if it was ever an option), or we still have a chance to hear it.

and then of course, tunes like Rodeo, RAB, and Walk A Thin Line, Lindsey can easily do acoustically without the band so would be nice to get them on some of the dates!

I wonder why he's not doing Dancin'.

Is the word that Brett is out for the entire tour? I think Brett lives in Denver so maybe he'll be back at that show on Tuesday.

michelej1 04-17-2022 07:15 PM

In the end, even though Lindsey was blessed to have wonderful kids later in his life, I bet he would be thrilled to go out hamming it up on stage. Some people are like John and want to relax on their boats. But others are restless. These people who have toured for the bulk of their lives probably want to tour into eternity. I am dealing with a parent immobilized by Parkinson’s and I realize there is a certain beauty in being able to be active up to the very end. I am thinking of Brett and wishing him all the good vibes he has given me over the years. I don’t think he’ll be able to join this tour, but am so glad he had the last one.