The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unexpected FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43162)

Macfan4life 07-24-2021 01:29 PM

I heard Stand Back at the gym this morning. Stevie's live vocal on the song packs a punch. Her second verse is really intense and even the second chorus is a bit different than the first chorus. All really cool.
Then I thought of our poor Homer. The song must drive drive him nuts because the backing vocals do not match up exactly with the lead singer. I love that. It has such a wild live sound.
As we discussed on another thread, I wonder if it really is about Prince and Stevie begging for his attention.

HomerMcvie 07-24-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1268390)
I heard Stand Back at the gym this morning. Stevie's live vocal on the song packs a punch. Her second verse is really intense and even the second chorus is a bit different than the first chorus. All really cool.
Then I thought of our poor Homer. The song must drive drive him nuts because the backing vocals do not match up exactly with the lead singer. I love that. It has such a wild live sound.
As we discussed on another thread, I wonder if it really is about Prince and Stevie begging for his attention.

Perfection isn't an accident - Glenn Frey

The phrasing should match!!! - Homie Homenstein

And Prince should have paid her more attention. You know, since they're the same size.

jbrownsjr 07-28-2021 05:51 PM

I heard YMLF twice today in two different places. Ralphs, then a dry cleaning store.

jbrownsjr 08-02-2021 07:48 AM

Sirius has been playing IDWK!! I'm one that's glad it beat out Silver Springs. I'm not crazy about the studio version or even demos of that tune.

HomerMcvie 08-02-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268531)
Sirius has been playing IDWK!! I'm one that's glad it beat out Silver Springs. I'm not crazy about the studio version or even demos of that tune.

Same!!! I love IDWK. It's the first guitar solo I ever learned. It's such a fun song. $tevie has no taste(well, that's not sour).:angel::p

jbrownsjr 08-02-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268534)
Same!!! I love IDWK. It's the first guitar solo I ever learned. It's such a fun song. $tevie has no taste(well, that's not sour).:angel::p

$HE has good taste in creation. Just doesn't know how to edit.

aleuzzi 08-02-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268534)

I guess that’s three of us. I’ve always loved IDWK and think it fits the running order the record perfectly. In only two places on Rumours do we hear two up-tempo tunes in a row (the The Chain outro notwithstanding): Don’t Stop-GYOW and YMLF-IDWK. These moments are crucial in the record’s momentum.

Plus LB’s shared vocal on IDWK keeps his presence balanced on side 2.

jbrownsjr 08-02-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268537)
I guess that’s three of us. I’ve always loved IDWK and think it fits the running order the record perfectly. In only two places on Rumours do we hear two up-tempo tunes in a row (the The Chain outro notwithstanding): Don’t Stop-GYOW and YMLF-IDWK. These moments are crucial in the record’s momentum.

Plus LB’s shared vocal on IDWK keeps his presence balanced on side 2.

Crystal and IDWK are way at the top of my list (in songs that he sings of hers). I hear slightly more LB than SN on IDWK. As a duet, it's absolutely wonderful.

Macfan4life 08-02-2021 04:49 PM

I always thought it was so strange and unimaginative for when Christine left, the Mac did not play IDWTK live on the SYW tour and then the Unleashed tour. I mean when only Stevie and Lindsey were fronting the band it made total sense to put it into the set along with Crystal and Frozen Love.
The Mac has always been the least imaginative group when it comes to set lists. Everyone would know that song yet they stuck to the same songs they always play.

DownOnRodeo 08-02-2021 06:24 PM

I assume IDWK is tainted for Stevie. She has PTSD due to being told about its predecessor's demise in a carpark.

aleuzzi 08-02-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1268541)
I always thought it was so strange and unimaginative for when Christine left, the Mac did not play IDWTK live on the SYW tour and then the Unleashed tour. I mean when only Stevie and Lindsey were fronting the band it made total sense to put it into the set along with Crystal and Frozen Love.
The Mac has always been the least imaginative group when it comes to set lists. Everyone would know that song yet they stuck to the same songs they always play.

They could (and should) have done Crystal or even Frozen Love. But by 2003, I’m fairly certain neither of them could handle the higher register required for IDWK.

aleuzzi 08-02-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1268542)
I assume IDWK is tainted for Stevie. She has PTSD due to being told about its predecessor's demise in a carpark.

Had it charted in the top ten she’d have insisted (in that very same carpark) it was her idea to put it on the album.

HomerMcvie 08-02-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268544)
They could (and should) have done Crystal or even Frozen Love. But by 2003, I’m fairly certain neither of them could handle the higher register required for IDWK.

Didn't they rehearse it for Unleashed? The original is in B, and if I remember correctly, they lowered it to A. I remember that someone posted video of it. Maybe they did it a couple of shows then dropped it?

Macfan4life 08-03-2021 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268546)
Didn't they rehearse it for Unleashed? The original is in B, and if I remember correctly, they lowered it to A. I remember that someone posted video of it. Maybe they did it a couple of shows then dropped it?

Your memory is like mine but its wrong on this. I could have also sworn they did it a few nights. A few years ago there was this exact thread and I was wrong. It was never performed live. I don't know if they rehearsed it but it was never performed live. I thought like you but was proven wrong. I also could have sworn there was a youtube video of it but was wrong about that too.
I think its an urban legend

jbrownsjr 08-03-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268545)
Had it charted in the top ten she’d have insisted (in that very same carpark) it was her idea to put it on the album.

I told Mick, that song needs to be on that album. I wrote this great song called Silver Springs and they wanted that one. But, I wanted something a little more Buckingham Nicks to be reflected on that record. And they did it. They listened to me. (laughs)