The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Time Bomb Town (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59889)

Street_Dreamer 03-05-2023 07:48 PM

Time Bomb Town

This is a Lindsey song that never seems to be talked about. The song really seems to be an anomaly compared to other songs Lindsey produced between Go Insane and Tango In The Night. Back To The Future came out in 1985 yet TBT sounds nothing like any of the songs from the Go Insane album from the year prior.

I think the song's placement in Back To The Future wasn't good for it. TBT is basically filler for the scene it's in and is almost completely forgotten about unless you're a big fan of the movie. Clapton's Heaven Is One Step Away got a better scene since it was featured in a scene that wasn't focused on advancing the film's storyline.

I'm curious what other people think about TBT. I've listened to it a couple times recently and was really struck by it's unique production given the period of time it was created and released.

WalkAThinLine. 03-05-2023 10:16 PM

Time Bomb Town is fantastic! The zany percussion fills really stand out. It's a shame he didn't continue down this songwriting and production path, although his Tango material is still very enjoyable.

Villavic 03-06-2023 10:03 AM

Was so not talked about, or the placement was so not good, that I just learned today there was a Lindsey's song in BTTF :laugh:. Or my memory is betraying me. Or because I wasn't a big fan of Lindsey's mid 80s solo sound. I got again interest in his solo music with OOTC.

HomerMcvie 03-06-2023 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1283183)
Was so not talked about, or the placement was so not good, that I just learned today there was a Lindsey's song in BTTF :laugh:. Or my memory is betraying me. Or because I wasn't a big fan of Lindsey's mid 80s solo sound. I got again interest in his solo music with OOTC.

Law and Order is one of my all time favorite albums(weird as it is), but I never got into Go Insane. I guess the FM gap from 82-87 left a lot of room for fans to grow, outside of their circle.

BLY 03-06-2023 10:58 AM

I always loved Time Bomb Town. I love the groove on the track. I always thought it could fit better on Law and Order before Go Insane. I’m glad he included it on his anthology.

Tusky 03-07-2023 03:54 PM

Sort of reminds me of Ricky!

jbrownsjr 03-09-2023 09:51 AM

I Love Time Bomb Town!

aleuzzi 03-12-2023 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1283187)
Law and Order is one of my all time favorite albums(weird as it is), but I never got into Go Insane. I guess the FM gap from 82-87 left a lot of room for fans to grow, outside of their circle.

Ditto. I like Lindsey’s recuperation of the Go Insane title tune when he did it solo on The Dance, but in comparison with the spontaneous hilarity and eccentricity of Law and Order his second album seemed merely cold and professional. It has merits, but I don’t listen to it like I listen to the others.

HomerMcvie 03-12-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1283383)
Ditto. I like Lindsey’s recuperation of the Go Insane title tune when he did it solo on The Dance, but in comparison with the spontaneous hilarity and eccentricity of Law and Order his second album seemed merely cold and professional. It has merits, but I don’t listen to it like I listen to the others.

I never get tired of Law and Order. It's so freakishly perfect!

aleuzzi 03-12-2023 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1283384)
I never get tired of Law and Order. It's so freakishly perfect!

Even a subtler song like “Shadows of the West” is just delicious

HomerMcvie 03-12-2023 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1283410)
Even a subtler song like “Shadows of the West” is just delicious

Because Christine is on Shadows.:xoxo:

aleuzzi 03-12-2023 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1283414)

It’s sooooo good—those two harmonizing like that.

jbrownsjr 03-13-2023 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1283414)

She's actually on more than that one. They just didn't do the notes correctly.

HomerMcvie 03-13-2023 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1283428)
She's actually on more than that one. They just didn't do the notes correctly.

Source? :wavey:

jbrownsjr 03-13-2023 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1283437)
Source? :wavey:

Richard in a Q and A