The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Introduce Yourself Here! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47148)

MoonSister75 01-27-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1118913)
I have a stripy cat too...(she's 14, fat and has the brains of a pea and is the girlfriend of the Russian Blue) :lol:

I didn't know cats could get fat! I'd heard they practise self control over food, and only eat what they need. Well I recently took mine to the vet and was told he needs to lose over 1kg. Its winter, so he doesn't go out much and likes to eat often. I'm trying to limit his food but he's getting fed up with it.

chriskisn 01-28-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1118933)
I didn't know cats could get fat! I'd heard they practise self control over food, and only eat what they need. Well I recently took mine to the vet and was told he needs to lose over 1kg. Its winter, so he doesn't go out much and likes to eat often. I'm trying to limit his food but he's getting fed up with it.

Yeah we were told by the vet to stop leaving food down all day (as she just kept snacking and was huge), so we took the food away, and then all of them became food obsessed. The rest of them were quite happy to just eat what the needed and then leave it at that, but she would just keep eating. Funny thing though, she got so big that instead of being down the pecking order and getting the crap beaten out of her on a regular basis she became the "alpha" cat because she was too big to be pushed around. :laugh:

iamnotafraid 01-28-2014 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1118914)
Elvis freed the body but Dylan freed the mind... ;)

"When I first heard Elvis' voice, I just knew I wasn't going to work for anybody;
and nobody was going to be my boss... Hearing him for the first time was like
busting out of jail."
-Bob Dylan

chriskisn 01-28-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1119088)
"When I first heard Elvis' voice, I just knew I wasn't going to work for anybody;
and nobody was going to be my boss... Hearing him for the first time was like
busting out of jail."
-Bob Dylan

Curious as to what Elvis thought about Dylan :)

I hate to say that I've never been an Elvis fan. :sorry:

iamnotafraid 01-29-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1119101)
Curious as to what Elvis thought about Dylan :)

I hate to say that I've never been an Elvis fan. :sorry:

I think Elvis admired Dylan. He covered several of his
songs including Blowin' In The Wind, Tomorrow Is A
Long Time, I Shall Be Released, Don't Think Twice
After Elvis died they found some home recordings of
Blowin' In The Wind and others stashed away in one
of his desks. That had to be an exciting find.

Never been an Elvis Fan? We could change that.

Dragon 02-06-2014 01:15 AM

Hi, everyone! This is my first time actually surrounding myself in the realm of fellow Fleetwood Mac fans. I am no stranger to Fleetwood Mac having grown up on them.

I am proud to say "no one walks away from the battle of the dragon.."

vivfox 02-06-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 1120057)
Hi, everyone! This is my first time actually surrounding myself in the realm of fellow Fleetwood Mac fans. I am no stranger to Fleetwood Mac having grown up on them.

My first guess was you pulled the Dragon reference from Gold Dust Woman. The fact that you know a deeper cut makes it even more fab to have you here. Welcome. How old are you now?

Dragon 02-06-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1120092)
My first guess was you pulled the Dragon reference from Gold Dust Woman. The fact that you know a deeper cut makes it even more fab to have you here. Welcome. How old are you now?

I am just as old when lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice as I try not to blame it on my wild heart.

MoonSister75 02-07-2014 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 1120057)

Welcome! I like the Dragon name very much! We love our dragons here in Wales ;)

BohemianBoots 03-16-2014 04:10 PM

Hiiiiii fellow admirers of the Mac! :wavy: Nice to meet you all. I'm an english singer and songwriter, Stevie is one of my biggest influences. Working on a cover of Gold Dust woman at the moment and would love feedback from some Fleetwood mac fans... In the meantime here's something I wrote recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRc8mJ4oA8 was listening to a lot of Rumours at the time...

Japhry 03-18-2014 02:16 AM

I am Justin. I am When I was 4 years old Rumours came out and some of my very first memories of Rock and Roll were born of this. My Parents had "Tusk" on an 8 track and by Mirage I was a 9 year old boy enthralled (although for the longest time I thought that nameless cool song "Hold Me" was a trac from Rumours). By the time The Wild Heart Came out I was keenly following Stevie Nicks as a solo artist as well. While I do enjoy many other types of music, I can always rely on the Mac. I even like Bob Welch. I like Lindsey Buckingham's solo album "Out of The Cradle". This is a belated introduction. I have been a Ledgie since 2005 or 2006!

moon 03-18-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohemianBoots (Post 1122464)
Hiiiiii fellow admirers of the Mac! :wavy: Nice to meet you all. I'm an english singer and songwriter, Stevie is one of my biggest influences. Working on a cover of Gold Dust woman at the moment and would love feedback from some Fleetwood mac fans... In the meantime here's something I wrote recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRc8mJ4oA8 was listening to a lot of Rumours at the time...

Hi! Nice to meet your music. There's a great voice over there! And a big influence of FM/Stevie, really!!
Regards and welcome! :wavey:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japhry (Post 1122596)
I am Justin. I am When I was 4 years old Rumours came out and some of my very first memories of Rock and Roll were born of this. My Parents had "Tusk" on an 8 track and by Mirage I was a 9 year old boy enthralled (although for the longest time I thought that nameless cool song "Hold Me" was a trac from Rumours). By the time The Wild Heart Came out I was keenly following Stevie Nicks as a solo artist as well. While I do enjoy many other types of music, I can always rely on the Mac. I even like Bob Welch. I like Lindsey Buckingham's solo album "Out of The Cradle". This is a belated introduction. I have been a Ledgie since 2005 or 2006!

Hi Justin! It's never too late. I like OOTC too, and the Bob Welch era. OOTC it's really an amazing album, from the start to the end!

welcomechris 03-18-2014 05:12 PM

Hi! I Am Joe.

I'm One of the Biggest Fleetwood Mac Fans You Will Ever Find!

I Am The Founder of "Fleetwood Mac Fans"

Fleetwood Mac Fans Currently Has 3 Social Networks

BlogSpot
YouTube
Google Plus

I Post Audio/Videos/Pictures of Fleetwood Mac and The FM Members Solo Careers

Japhry 03-20-2014 01:38 AM

:nod: Thank You, It's always nice to hang out here a few times a week after work, unwind and see what's going on in Fleetwood Macland
Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1122625)
Hi! Nice to meet your music. There's a great voice over there! And a big influence of FM/Stevie, really!!

Hi Justin! It's never too late. I like OOTC too, and the Bob Welch era. OOTC it's really an amazing album, from the start to the end!

MoonSister75 03-23-2014 12:01 PM

Hi and welcome new and older ledgies! :] Always great to see new members :blob2: