The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Songbird has won a Grammy! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59863)

dougl 02-05-2023 05:43 PM

Songbird has won a Grammy!

https://youtu.be/0WSzxpcUs5Q

GypsySorcerer 02-05-2023 05:56 PM

This makes my heart happy. :) Cheers to Vince and our lovely Christine.

jbrownsjr 02-05-2023 05:58 PM

Yawwwwwssssss!!!! My heart is melting. :angel:

bwboy 02-05-2023 06:14 PM

So awesome to see Christine recognized on her own merits as a solo artist!

HomerMcvie 02-05-2023 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1282528)
So awesome to see Christine recognized on her own merits as a solo artist!

$tevie actually deserves it more. $he wrote it, and let Christine take the credit, being the generous person that she is.

Macfan4life 02-05-2023 07:07 PM

I'm happy and sad at the same time if that makes any sense.
I wish she could have seen the recognition.
How Buck/Vie was not even nominated for best pop duo is insane which is why I hate award shows.

bwboy 02-05-2023 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1282529)
$tevie actually deserves it more. $he wrote it, and let Christine take the credit, being the generous person that she is.

Wow, you sure are a nice person.

HomerMcvie 02-05-2023 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1282533)
Wow, you sure are a nice person.

At least I see the world for what it is. Not through your rose colored glasses.

Macfan4life 02-05-2023 07:15 PM

Stevie should have accepted the award and gave her Gypsy/Songbird speech and explained how she helped Chris with the original arrangement.

BombaySapphire3 02-05-2023 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1282536)
Stevie should have accepted the award and gave her Gypsy/Songbird speech and explained how she helped Chris with the original arrangement.

Who did accept it Mick? If so it may soon end up in a pawn shop.

Steviegirl 02-05-2023 08:38 PM

Congratulations to our Songbird. :angel:

Steviegirl 02-05-2023 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1282537)

And THIS is hilarious.:lol:

HomerMcvie 02-05-2023 08:41 PM

Quote:

He'll sell it for whatever he can get.

HomerMcvie 02-05-2023 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1282536)

Be careful, BW's coming after you with his heels on.

SteveMacD 02-05-2023 09:05 PM

Wow. Can’t even get a few posts into a thread about Christine’s album winning a Grammy without it devolving into Stevie and Mick bashing.

jmn3 02-05-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Lmao priceless

jmn3 02-05-2023 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1282546)
Wow. Can’t even get a few posts into a thread about Christine’s album winning a Grammy without it devolving into Stevie and Mick bashing.

Yeah, this is how discussions and humor work.

SteveMacD 02-05-2023 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1282548)
Yeah, this is how discussions and humor work.

Yeah, disrespecting a major accomplishment for Christine’s last project is hysterically funny :distress:

jmn3 02-05-2023 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1282555)
Yeah, disrespecting a major accomplishment for Christine’s last project is hysterically funny :distress:

Ironically, Christine would’ve likely cracked up at the joke.

HomerMcvie 02-05-2023 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1282560)
Ironically, Christine would’ve likely cracked up at the joke.

She would have waltzed while cracking up.

Macfan4life 02-06-2023 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1282566)
She would have waltzed while cracking up.

Exactly. Let our British humor shine.
I can almost hear her laughing ;)

Wait! Show them the way did not win for best song? I demand a recount!

dougl 02-06-2023 09:49 AM

https://www.etonline.com/fleetwood-m...tribute-198561

Christine’s third Grammy, bittersweet

jbrownsjr 02-06-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougl (Post 1282597)
https://www.etonline.com/fleetwood-m...tribute-198561

Christine’s third Grammy, bittersweet

I'm really proud of the people that made that happen. It's made my week! :D

aleuzzi 02-06-2023 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1282524)
Yawwwwwssssss!!!! My heart is melting. :angel:

I'm actually in tears right now.

The dance 02-07-2023 12:26 AM

https://consequence.net/2023/02/mick...ristine-mcvie/
They are done Mick says

jbrownsjr 02-07-2023 08:51 AM

Feels like clickbait.

He actually said this:

“I think right now, I truly think the line in the sand has been drawn with the loss of Chris,” he said. “I’d say we’re done, but then we’ve all said that before. It’s sort of unthinkable right now.”

Dragon 02-07-2023 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The dance (Post 1282635)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1282642)
Feels like clickbait.

He actually said this:

“I think right now, I truly think the line in the sand has been drawn with the loss of Chris,” he said. “I’d say we’re done, but then we’ve all said that before. It’s sort of unthinkable right now.”

It has been over two months since Christine's passing. Grief and denial do not go away quickly. It could be best Fleetwood Mac does not do anything at the present and for members, past and present, to keep occupied with something until something happens that makes for an appropriate one off farewell.

jbrownsjr 02-07-2023 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 1282644)
It has been over two months since Christine's passing. Grief and denial do not go away quickly. It could be best Fleetwood Mac does not do anything at the present and for members, past and present, to keep occupied with something until something happens that makes for an appropriate one off farewell.

I hope we just saw the farewell.

Villavic 02-08-2023 08:47 AM

I love and will always love Christine. When she returned to FM it was like a dream coming true.

But, was this grammy well deserved? I remember many of us didn't like this version, including me. I'm not expert in musical arrangements and haven't heard all nominees. Glad she won anyway, but I suspect her recent passing kind of influenced.

jbrownsjr 02-08-2023 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1282670)
I love and will always love Christine. When she returned to FM it was like a dream coming true.

But, was this grammy well deserved? I remember many of us didn't like this version, including me. I'm not expert in musical arrangements and haven't heard all nominees. Glad she won anyway, but I suspect her recent passing kind of influenced.

For me, I think it took me a while to get used to. But, I somehow love it now. Call it the mystery of art, but I started to tell Aluzzi I was digging it before she passed.

Listening to it in context of the lyrics vs. context of my brain on the Rumours version. I actually understand it better.

bwboy 02-08-2023 02:51 PM

Quote:

A fair question. I see the win as more of a recognition of her entire body of work, rather than one song. Also, when I say it’s a well deserved win, I say it not necessarily because I think her song was truly the best in that category (because I have no idea what the other songs were, I didn’t listen to them) but because the source material, the original recording of Songbird, is 100% worthy of a Grammy.

Villavic 02-08-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1282677)
A fair question. I see the win as more of a recognition of her entire body of work, rather than one song. Also, when I say it’s a well deserved win, I say it not necessarily because I think her song was truly the best in that category (because I have no idea what the other songs were, I didn’t listen to them) but because the source material, the original recording of Songbird, is 100% worthy of a Grammy.

I felt similar when DiCaprio won the Oscar. I was not convinced about The Revenant (and thought it was unfair that he didn't win for The Wolf of Wall Street), but it was a good recognition of his entire work.

However if that was the case, it is not fair for the other nominees.

I also wonder, and sorry for the dark of this hypothesis, what would have happened if one of the members had died after The Dance, had FM won one of their 3 grammy nominations?

Macfan4life 02-08-2023 03:25 PM

I'm glad it won but I dont like these award shows because the best stuff is always over looked. How Buck/Vie was not even nominated for best pop duo is a crime.
The orchestra is beautiful but it does not do the song justice. IMHO it strips the humanity and passion from the song. Maybe because I am used to it at a slower and passionate pace. It just does not fit the song but the orchestra is a fine piece. Another thing about awards shows that irks me is sometimes with the oscars, the role wins more than the actor or actress. There is always a sympathy factor when an artist passes away. I am not saying it did not deserve to win. I never heard the other artists in competition. I am glad it won. But IMHO it was a lost opportunity to really bring more emotion out in the song. Instead of highlighting the vocal, I feel the piece clashes with the vocal and I have played it many times. But that is just my opinion.

Karlie 02-08-2023 03:50 PM

Quote:

Vince Mendoza won the same category last year and several times before, so I bet he would have been expected to win this year regardless of what happened to Christine.

Street_Dreamer 02-09-2023 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1282680)
The orchestra is beautiful but it does not do the song justice. IMHO it strips the humanity and passion from the song. Maybe because I am used to it at a slower and passionate pace. It just does not fit the song but the orchestra is a fine piece.

I just listened to it again... I really wanted to like it but I just can't. The whole thing just doesn't work and I don't see how anyone can listen and believe that it does. The orchestra absolutely does not fit with the song. If it were on its own, I'm sure it would be a lovely piece but for it to get a Grammy is laughable.